DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
The slot machines in Vegas use a random number generator and the ones in other states run like a pull tab system. They have a bucket of random numbers with one having a jackpot and it resets when it hits that number.

IMG 9086 IMG 9088 IMG 9090 IMG 9087 IMG 9089

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Can AI be used to predict winning lottery numbers?

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

Tax laws vary from state to state and even county to county and city to city.

Lottery tickets have no sales tax, but winners pay income taxes on winnings. The seller of lottery tickets or pull tab pay gambling tax.

As for the lottery winnings, if you take it in one lump sum it is 50% of the winnings vs. an annuity over time. If you take it all at once, it will push you into a higher tax bracket.
My understanding is no. And the best rngs are separate from the computer

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Tax laws vary from state to state and even county to county and city to city.

Lottery tickets have no sales tax, but winners pay income taxes on winnings. The seller of lottery tickets or pull tab pay gambling tax.

As for the lottery winnings, if you take it in one lump sum it is 50% of the winnings vs. an annuity over time. If you take it all at once, it will push you into a higher tax bracket.
Taxes on gambling gains is robbery.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Taxes on gambling gains is robbery.
I'm not sure what country you're in but some nations have low property taxes and some have vert high property taxes. I can really only speak for the US. My friend said in the US you don't really own land in America, you just rent it from the federal government (property taxes).

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not sure what country you're in but some nations have low property taxes and some have vert high property taxes. I can really only speak for the US. My friend said in the US you don't really own land in America, you just rent it from the federal government (property taxes).

Governments can tax pretty much anything they want.

Wait, that means any homeowner/building owner owns only their building but not the land it is built on? Ik that whole thing is probably more complex but just for basic understanding.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Governments can tax pretty much anything they want.

Wait, that means any homeowner/building owner owns only their building but not the land it is built on? Ik that whole thing is probably more complex but just for basic understanding.
in the US at least, taxes can only be levied throw voting but yes the government likes to tax and ban or regulate everything.

In the US, legally speaking, one owns the land and the building. But if you don't pay your annual property taxes then the government will seize your property. Hence my friend says the statement above.
But in Cambodia for example, *my understanding* is that foreigners cannot own land but can own the building. (A friend of mine owns a property management company Cambodia, I'd have to confirm with him).
In the US, some government-owned land can be leased for certain activities.

Last edited: