• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MeowTheFlemishCat

MeowTheFlemishCat

"The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes"
Mar 3, 2023
I'm going to try and slit my own throat but want to do it in a way that's the quickest and least painful

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: sorrowful and Weltall
Weltall

Weltall

Consider Your Choices Before You Act
Nov 9, 2023
I'm going to try and slit my own throat but want to do it in a way that's the quickest and least painful

I want to pre-face that I think there are better methods than this, but I do not judge you if this is your choice.

Slicing the entire region of the throat would be painful and traumatic.
To reduce the amount of pain, the person would need to focus on finding the carotid artery.
From there, it's a matter of surgically slicing it open.

Local anesthetics can also be used to reduce the pain even more.

Consider all the options available to you.

B9780702043512000144_f014-001-9780702043512.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lain_iwa, Nullm, fwompie and 1 other person
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
It has a pretty low success rate, and is likely the sort of thing best reserved for a suicidal gesture rather anything else. According to Geo Stone's Suicide and Attempted Suicide: Methods and Consequences only around 5% of attempters choosing this method succeed. But as he notes cutting, stabbing, etc., statistics conflate suicidal gestures with actual attempts. Having said that, he also notes throat slitting is preferable to any other method of cutting if ending your life is in fact your goal.

I've attached a PDF of Stone's book, the cutting/stabbing method is discussed in Chapter 18. The book itself is worth a read, as much it is now close to 30 years old, so I'm guessing a lot of the drug stuff is now out of date.

Attachments

• Suicide and Attempted Suicide Methods and Consequences (Geo Stone) (Z-Library).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Informative
Reactions: tiger b and sorrowful
Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
I also fantasize about slitting my throat and there's a twenty percent chance I might actually do it if I'll fail to plan another method in my allotted timeframe
So thanks weltall for the useful reply
To op
You should know that it's difficult to perform a clean cut and most cases tend to have signs of hesitation
so if you will try you should know you get only one chance to cut right I guess before you discover the pain and horror and if you leave yourself the option to call for help you won't be able not to

Last edited:
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I've done this and definitely don't recommend it. To succeed, you have to be.. how can I put this?..... Bonkers.
All I managed to do was make a fucking mess that was ridiculous and embarrassing.
I have seen one person succeed in doing this. He used a Stanley knife (if you don't know what that is, search it). I believe he choked on his own blood.
I've cut wrists (the right way.. lengthways) too. The only way to succeed by cutting is to sever an artery. Our arteries and mostly well protected by bone, cartridge and connective tissue that is very hard to penetrate. The femoral artery in the inner thigh is the most accessible. A strong, sharp blade is needed. I keep a supply of fresh Stanley blades for use in my home laboratory mainly. But they're the best option for your purposes.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ironweed and tiger b