• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have tried to use the search bars and it´s discusses here and there but it seems a lot favor using a slipknot with the knot placed under the left ear for partial hanging.

So is a slipknot noose better and if so I reckon I should use a thinner rope right? I wanted to use a polypropylene rope like I bought and wanted to use for drop hanging with a noose 7 years ago but the rope seems to thick to make a slipknot with it,

so what kind of rope should I use to make a slipknot for partial hanging?

Last edited:
Reactions: Predestinated, Kat!, 21Neberg and 1 other person
E

essbet

Feb 7, 2019
Yes, slippery plastic-type rope (like polypro) is good as it allows the knot to slide up and down ('slip') easily.

I'm not sure what you mean by "too thick" as you could easily make a slipknot with any diameter rope.

Personally I found a non-cinching but tight-enough loop (bowline knot, tie it close to your neck after it's around your neck) to be just as effective in getting me near-blackout, without the choking effect. Obviously it doesn't have the benefit of choking you post-fainting as a backup, so you have to be confident your bloodflow will remain cut off.

Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
A simple loop with the minimal resist for sliding and tightening.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes, slippery plastic-type rope (like polypro) is good as it allows the knot to slide up and down ('slip') easily.

I'm not sure what you mean by "too thick" as you could easily make a slipknot with any diameter rope.

Personally I found a non-cinching but tight-enough loop (bowline knot, tie it close to your neck after it's around your neck) to be just as effective in getting me near-blackout, without the choking effect. Obviously it doesn't have the benefit of choking you post-fainting as a backup, so you have to be confident your bloodflow will remain cut off.
What? So you are saying if I use a slipknot it won´t choke me to death only cut of blood to the head?

Moth

Moth

Resident waste of space
Sep 17, 2018
What? So you are saying if I use a slipknot it won´t choke me to death only cut of blood to the head?
How it works is cutti g off blood, causing you to faint,so you drop forward and then suffocate while unconscious. That's the gust of how partial works from what I've read.

Reactions: GarageKarate07
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
How it works is cutti g off blood, causing you to faint,so you drop forward and then suffocate while unconscious. That's the gust of how partial works from what I've read.
Yeah I have heard that too but @essbet claims it won´t suffocate you?

Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
For partial I would use a slipknot, for full suspension I used a hangmans noose. Worked perfect but was saved...

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
For partial I would use a slipknot, for full suspension I used a hangmans noose. Worked perfect but was saved...
Can you help me out then, should the knot on the slipknot or doesn´t that matter? I should just lean my weight into the rope like the guy in the video to compress my carotid arteries and then pass out right?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
If you place the knot right it should be like the guy in the video...

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Yes under the left ear.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
J

Just do it

Feb 4, 2019
The rope I have is 1 ince tie downs the kind used for motorcycles seems to be strong , I have a knot tied in back of it I tried partly and was not doing like the guy in the video I was facing away from the wall , so now I have to try to position a bar across the attic craw space and attach the the same rope and just hang will that work? I don't wanna mess it up are tie downs ok to use when fully suspended I cant make a hangman's noose just the slip knot also was considering using a gun to so just in case the rope breaks I d k wtf I'm doing need help

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
Watching this makes me wonder if first responders have a distain for people that ctb. They certainly do for people that OD on or use dope.
i want to the link but got this so don,t know if link is safe to go to any one know
Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there?
https://www.documentingreality.com/… may be risky to visit.
icn_information.svg

View Site Report

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
i want to the link but got this so don,t know if link is safe to go to any one know
Whoa! Are you sure you want to go there?
https://www.documentingreality.com/… may be risky to visit.
icn_information.svg

View Site Report
You are too paranoid I have been a member of that site for 7 years never had any legal problems or viruses.
I am even a paid member where I used my Mastercard to pay for membership those 7 years ago so I think you will be fine lol.

E

essbet

Feb 7, 2019
@TheGoodGuy I take back what I said. I was able to blackout with a bowline (non self-tightening, I assume noose is the same ?), but I am going with a slipknot for the end as it's more sure to keep bloodflow cut off and easier to position with all the padding I have underneath.

Good luck to you.

O

Oanlads

Feb 15, 2019
How long would you reckon it took for that Swedish guy to fall unconscious? And do you see the capable? at the bottom (ish) of his neck rather than above the Adam's apple ?

M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
I have tried to use the search bars and it´s discusses here and there but it seems a lot favor using a slipknot with the knot placed under the left ear for partial hanging.

So is a slipknot noose better and if so I reckon I should use a thinner rope right? I wanted to use a polypropylene rope like I bought and wanted to use for drop hanging with a noose 7 years ago but the rope seems to thick to make a slipknot with it,

so what kind of rope should I use to make a slipknot for partial hanging?
I feel it's a matter of trying out all the options.The greatest hindrance for us is the survival instinct.Otherwise why would we be afraid of a few minutes of pain as against permanent peace.

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
An hangman's noose is perfect for full suspension hanging.
Are you sure that you don't mean long drop? That's different from full suspension.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I watched it. Was it time warped?
Yes I believe I heard somewhere it was which also makes sense otherwise according to our knowledge he would have been "saved" with no brain damage.

Mr blobby

Mr blobby

Nov 29, 2020
For partial, I am intending to use 10mm static rock climbing rope. A bit pricey but i think this is best option. According to suicide wiki, placing it just below the Adams apple is best with the knot at the back of the neck. I haven't heard about the left ear. Is that better?

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Reactions: adam, GarageKarate07 and TheGoodGuy
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
It looks like this guy used a slipknot right it went pretty quick.

Goddamn. Looks like he died about a minute in (even though it's sped up a bit it seems).
I never knew the body goes back to being normal colored after you die like that.
I hope he died though, those cops came pretty close to saving him. I don't recommend starting a livestream if everything's not ready because people WILL call the cops, response time is very quick.

Reactions: GarageKarate07, Pookie and TheGoodGuy
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Goddamn. Looks like he died about a minute in (even though it's sped up a bit it seems).
I never knew the body goes back to being normal colored after you die like that.
I hope he died though, those cops came pretty close to saving him. I don't recommend starting a livestream if everything's not ready because people WILL call the cops, response time is very quick.
He did die, couldn't be saved.
There's video of a Syrian girl who live-streamed her partial hanging and interestingly her face didn't discolour like that.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07 and Kat!