Fall.and.Shatter

Fall.and.Shatter

Aug 11, 2022
I am not trying to encourage anyone..it's just that I write short stories...and just thought about sharing them...?
(way of soothing myself..)
I've never really showed these to anyone except on the web so....???
(no idea what I'm trying to say)
enjoy!

1. Slip and Shatter

It's not easy, killing yourself

When you look out that window, you can't help but look down. The stones a long way beneath you. And you wonder what it's going to feel like. You're scared of feeling the pain, and what if you fell the wrong way? Feet first so you don't actually die at once but bleed slowly to death in agony. Broken, twisted bones slicing into your flesh and the smell of your own blood in the air when you break from unconciousness.

Not easy.

It's hard, getting over the railing. Even if you have a balcony you have to get over the railing to properly jump. Your legs are not long enough to balence yourself properly when you heave yourself over.. It's unbelivabley terrifying. Scared of falling while you're struggling on the railing, tipping sideways like a drunk sailor while you try to grasp the tiny ledge with your feet and then your foot slips.....and you fall. Not like you wanted to. No looking at the sky before you jump.

One slip and all you can hear before you die is the wind, so faster and stronger than before, at the balcony. It howls just before you reach the ground, not really ready to let you go.

One slip when you're not ready and you can't really breath because you are too suprised at the speed and there's no air.

One slip and you can't really remeber all the things you wanted to say in your head before you go.

One slip and everyting shatters into a million pieces

Reactions: Shivali, Sun n showers, rationaltake and 1 other person
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Welcome. Creating and sharing can be very beneficial activities. Thanks for contributing and hope you glean something from it :-)

Reactions: Fall.and.Shatter
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Like this

Reactions: Fall.and.Shatter
S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022
I am not trying to encourage anyone..it's just that I write short stories...and just thought about sharing them...?
(way of soothing myself..)
I've never really showed these to anyone except on the web so....???
(no idea what I'm trying to say)
enjoy!

1. Slip and Shatter

It's not easy, killing yourself

When you look out that window, you can't help but look down. The stones a long way beneath you. And you wonder what it's going to feel like. You're scared of feeling the pain, and what if you fell the wrong way? Feet first so you don't actually die at once but bleed slowly to death in agony. Broken, twisted bones slicing into your flesh and the smell of your own blood in the air when you break from unconciousness.

Not easy.

It's hard, getting over the railing. Even if you have a balcony you have to get over the railing to properly jump. Your legs are not long enough to balence yourself properly when you heave yourself over.. It's unbelivabley terrifying. Scared of falling while you're struggling on the railing, tipping sideways like a drunk sailor while you try to grasp the tiny ledge with your feet and then your foot slips.....and you fall. Not like you wanted to. No looking at the sky before you jump.

One slip and all you can hear before you die is the wind, so faster and stronger than before, at the balcony. It howls just before you reach the ground, not really ready to let you go.

One slip when you're not ready and you can't really breath because you are too suprised at the speed and there's no air.

One slip and you can't really remeber all the things you wanted to say in your head before you go.

One slip and everyting shatters into a million pieces
Really good writing.... are you thinking of jumping ?

S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022
Me too. Your text was quite haunting, where are you going from building ? Where abouts are you im in uk

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing. Ctb by jumping certainly sounds so terrifying, I do envy those who have the courage for it.

Fall.and.Shatter

Fall.and.Shatter

Aug 11, 2022
Thank you for sharing. Ctb by jumping certainly sounds so terrifying, I do envy those who have the courage for it.
I know, your heart starts racing every time you peer over the landing...but I have this weird dream of wanting to feel how it is to fly :>