B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I realize this is off topic and I guess can be moved if needed.... But I feel like i may be too active here. Should I stop visiting the site for a few days/lurk. I'm sorry if I'm responding too much..This is the closest thing to friends or community that I have...

I'm struggling with a lot.. thank you for dealing with me...

• Hugs
Reactions: AntHills, edu0z and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If you think it's negatively affecting you- then- yes, maybe best to give it a break. I doubt anyone will mind how much you contribute though- if it's that you're worried about. People are very welcoming here. Lots of people spend a lot of time here. This place is a comfort to many. I'd very likely spend all day here too if I could and I have in the past.

You know yourself though how it's impacting your life. I think most people are aware. That's what I don't get with the criticism of this place- it assumes the person has no awareness of how exterior factors influence them. I'd say most people are aware. If we know something is making us feel worse- best to give it a break.

Reactions: AntHills
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
do not stop visiting it. If being on the forum makes you feel better or less lonely then keep going... you're not a burden, we're all trying to help each other.

• Love
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, AntHills and brokeandbroken
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
do not stop visiting it. If being on the forum makes you feel better or less lonely then keep going... you're not a burden, we're all trying to help each other.
Thank you.
If you think it's negatively affecting you- then- yes, maybe best to give it a break. I doubt anyone will mind how much you contribute though- if it's that you're worried about. People are very welcoming here. Lots of people spend a lot of time here. This place is a comfort to many. I'd very likely spend all day here too if I could and I have in the past.

You know yourself though how it's impacting your life. I think most people are aware. That's what I don't get with the criticism of this place- it assumes the person has no awareness of how exterior factors influence them. I'd say most people are aware. If we know something is making us feel worse- best to give it a break.
It's not negatively affecting me. I'm not sure what that would look like to be honest. It helps to be honest. A lot of people here are going through things similar to me... I just have 0 self worth. If society tells you all sorts of terrible things your whole life you'll eventually believe them....

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: idontfeellikeimreal, AntHills and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Thank you.

It's not negatively affecting me. I'm not sure what that would look like to be honest. It helps to be honest. A lot of people here are going through things similar to me... I just have 0 self worth. If society tells you all sorts of terrible things your whole life you'll eventually believe them....

I understand and I'm sorry. But don't worry- you have as much right to be here as everyone else. Plus- there isn't any obligation from anyone. We can all skip or skim things we don't feel like reading. I'm sure people skip my posts when I tend to prattle on. I don't feel bad about posting them though. I hope you can learn to feel comfortable here too. Especially if it is helping you.

• Hugs
Reactions: AntHills
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it's up to you, it's a personal decision not something other people can decide. But anyway best wishes.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
There is no right way or wrong way to engage with this forum. Sometimes, I am more active and sometimes I take long breaks. Just do what is right for you.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I think a lot of people are here because they can't express there feelings of share their frustrations with those close around them, for what ever reason that may be.
In an ideal world you would be able to talk to your friends, talk to your family, ask help from a doctor or health services. unfortunately this world is pretty messed up at the moment so being here is often the best we have.