N

nopoint

Jul 5, 2018
Hi guys,

So I'm trying the sleeper method now. And I don't think it's working. I've been conscious for 30 mins now. I don't know how I can make it tighter. Ughhh just kill me already
Still alive. Wtf. This method is pretty shit. I just feel like my head is very tight. But I'm not passing out.

Last edited:
Reactions: throwaway123, Jc40 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
N

nopoint

Jul 5, 2018
This method was a bust. I think my neck is just too thick, so it wasn't effective. I guess I'm going back to my CO method...

D

divaangel

Mar 16, 2019
I've had the same experience trying the tourniquet and the wrap methods, up to leaving the tourniquet in place for more that 5-6 minutes. I can also feel my carotid pulsing hard against the ligature so I know I'm impeding it but not stopping it. I can't get to even the swimmy point that I can reach practicing partial susp hanging. I so wish there was an easier way.

tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
Have you considered the "night-night" method?

Reactions: Iceangel
N

nopoint

Jul 5, 2018
Have you considered the "night-night" method?

From what I understand the sleeper method is the night-night method.
I did the gorilla tape and bean bag thing. It did not work, and getting the gorilla tape off was so painful.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I've had the same experience trying the tourniquet and the wrap methods, up to leaving the tourniquet in place for more that 5-6 minutes. I can also feel my carotid pulsing hard against the ligature so I know I'm impeding it but not stopping it. I can't get to even the swimmy point that I can reach practicing partial susp hanging. I so wish there was an easier way.

Same, and I could just feel uncomfortable pressure building up in my head, nothing close to fainting happened. I don't understand how anyone can tolerate methods to do with restricting air/blood flow, unless it's possible to go unconscious very quickly which I don't really understand how to achieve.

tiggles2000

tiggles2000

Student
Jan 15, 2019
Same, and I could just feel uncomfortable pressure building up in my head, nothing close to fainting happened. I don't understand how anyone can tolerate methods to do with restricting air/blood flow, unless it's possible to go unconscious very quickly which I don't really understand how to achieve.

Depending on your positioning on the rope/ tourniquet, it can be quick and easy. If you only restricted the blood flow, it obviously wasn't tight enough or the wrong position

Z

ZiggyStardust

Mar 8, 2019
it takes a while to find the correct spot, and it really is just a spot, on each side of the larynx, but once you have found it you won't need much pressure at all.
When I first tried this method out I pressed so hard all along the aorta that I was very sore and bruised the next day - didn't even get dizzy. Then I took it very slowly and eventually found the right spot and was surprised how little pressure is required.
See this diagram of the larynx, there are two upward curved 'hooks' at the top on either side. The Barorecptor is tucked away behind them (because it needs to be protected for obvious reasons). Push your fingers behind this hook where the pulse is and you should feel a reaction.