• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Hey guys, Due to anxiety and depression, i can't stand to stay alone at home anymore...as I don't have any family or friends, my choices before ctb are: wander out on the streets or the psych ward,,,what would you choose in this situation ? I really appreciate any suggestion....I am desperate

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Zetsubou, stermc and GasMonkey
man_in_red:)

man_in_red:)

Wandering with no destination
Mar 27, 2023
If you have the right insurance then yeah the ward. But if not Id honestly suggest hanging out in the streets. Psych wards can be expensive!

S

schizodefective

Jan 16, 2023
Brother, psych meds are the reason i'm suicidal. They are impossible to get off once you have been on them for long enough.

I'd choose the streets.

• Informative
Reactions: nonentity and Never Alive
Covalite

Covalite

Anxiety Controls All
Apr 4, 2023
A psych ward could be good if you have insurance but otherwise i would say streets. Also are you losing your place or just fed up with it. I have been homeless before and in psych wards and at least for me I prefer my shitty repetitive life in my apartment over the other two. But we also have different needs so its up to you. I hope you can make a choice that is some semblance of improvement of your quality of life. I wish you the best.
Edit
also I wouldnt recomend a physc ward at all unless you do want to recive what big pharma and the goverment call help. So then again even with insurace the streets might be best

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
The ward is basically like a prison and they treat their patients terribly incase you din't know. I would say avoid it like the plague.

• Informative
Reactions: novem and Never Alive
L

lhooq

Feb 10, 2023
I have little experience with either, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Psych wards are pretty terrible places, from what I hear. They're bad because of a lack of agency, or ability to do things on your own. Their number one goal is to "reduce risk to yourself and others", usually by forcing you to take medications that aren't right for you/don't match your diagnosis but keep you sedated/calm/numb. (They may check under the tongue to ensure you've taken the pills.) Aside from that, they monitor your activities and restrict what you can do. They cut your nails down so you can't slash your wrists, that's the level of control they have over their patients. The only way out is to play by their rules, to take the meds, to lie and say "yeah I'm fixed now" even when you aren't ... or else just get booted out cause you've been there too long.

I have a friend who went to a psych ward in a southern, republican state (I won't say which one). They said it was shit. They also said they were let go early (at 3 days) because they were uninsured -- perhaps because they wouldn't be able to pay the bill if they stayed longer. Quoting them: "Even if you go voluntarily they may choose not to release you, [and] people with better insurance are allegedly kept longer because of their ability to pay".

It's possible that psych wards are better in states with better hospitals and more funding for mental health programs. I can't confirm this.

My friend also said "if you or someone else you know are in crisis, but not "I will do serious damage to myself or others in the next 3 hours if not restrained" crisis, I would highly recommend getting into contact with your regular mental health team for extra support and researching outpatient programs". Perhaps take that into consideration.

By comparison, living on the street's a lot more straightforward about how dangerous it is -- you could get mugged or assaulted, or arrested by the police for bumming around or breaking curfew. But unlike psych wards, you have your own agency. You don't live under anyone else's direct control ... but it's going to be a pretty terrible life regardless. I hear homeless shelters aren't nice either, for the same reasons.

I've heard of some people using 24/7 gyms as a place to shower, or else spend nights when nowhere else is open. Don't have much other advice, unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Cara, não sei de que lugar do Brasil você é, mas eu já tive experiência com clínica psiquiátrica e se você quer dar um tempo da vida, eu te recomendaria se: 1- você tem plano de saúde ou 2- você tem condições de pagar de forma privada.
Pelo que eu saiba, as experiências tendem a ser piores se você for pelo SUS (algumas clínicas separam entre privado e público e aí você já pode imaginar como funciona).
Pela minha experiência, eu diria que o tratamento em si não é dos melhores (terapia e psiquiatra), mas se você quiser dar um tempo da vida, vale a pena tentar (me fez um bem do cacete, mas não posso dizer por todo mundo).

Ps.: tenha cuidado com a questão legal. Te recomendo a ir como voluntário para que possa sair quando quiser (já vi casos da clínica convencer os parentes a não tirarem os internos e dá o maior b.o).

Qualquer coisa, me manda mensagem!

Never Alive

Never Alive

Death is like the wind, always by my side
Nov 22, 2022
The ward is basically like a prison and they treat their patients terribly incase you din't know. I would say avoid it like the plague.
Yes its worse than prison. I think in russia they rather choose 10 years in prison than 1 year in psych wards. These meds will mess up your body and brain forever.

Reactions: Hollowman and Kundalini Guy
T

TheSadStranger

Out of time...
Mar 30, 2023
I recommend finding an abandoned building if possible. It's better than staying on the streets. Try the homeless shelter. Red cross. If you know about a public park bathroom lock the door and sleep in there. There are quite a few options at your disposal other than ctb. I get a lot of flak for this but I consider ctb as a last resort. However no matter what I think it's still your life and your choice. Just make sure it's a sound minded choice.

Last edited:
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
Hey guys, Due to anxiety and depression, i can't stand to stay alone at home anymore...as I don't have any family or friends, my choices before ctb are: wander out on the streets or the psych ward,,,what would you choose in this situation ? I really appreciate any suggestion....I am desperate

I'd say the psych ward for me personally. Ik not everyone's stays r the best, but hearing the reviews and stuff can be helpful and can give an idea. I've been in 3x they've been fairly okay, I was a minor at the time tho, and I haven't been to an adult ward yet (I'm 18)

Zetsubou

Zetsubou

Friend of Despair
Mar 16, 2023
I would only recommend a psych ward if the ones in your area are decent enough. I've heard too many horror stories about what happens in the really bad ones. Staying on the streets sounds dangerous. Perhaps you can stay at a shelter?

hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
You have a place to live, but don't want to stay there? Alone?

And you think possibly getting robbed, raped, or killed on the streets is a better alternative?

You won't have any good company in the psyche ward either, as everyone is either a drug addict or batshit.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Brother, psych meds are the reason i'm suicidal. They are impossible to get off once you have been on them for long enough.

I'd choose the streets.
It's not impossible, check out survivingantidepressants.com

S

schizodefective

Jan 16, 2023
It's not impossible, check out survivingantidepressants.com
Found that site over 2 years ago. I'm banned from it and still haven't figured out how to get off them lol

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Both options sound horrible to me, and like they would just cause more suffering. I think I would certainly prefer to just stay in the house.