N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I was a teenager I neglected sleep a lot. But I was manic to that time. I often slept like 4-6 hours. It was obivous I had to collapse. However I was in huge pain and I had no way to cope, I did not have any awareness about my illness. And mania is a highly destructive condition if you are not aware about it.

I am bipolar and my sleep rhythm is essential in order to stay somewhat stable. Currently I am awake very early. I struggle to sleep longer. I don't have any option except addicitive medication. I try it often without it. Writing in this forum, thinking about depression, listening to sad songs help to reduce mania. And by that I can sleep longer. It is very hard for me. Due to the fact mania feels so great.

Sometimes I don't want to sleep because being awake is more exciting. This is very unhealthy.
On the other hand when I am very depressive I ruminate a lot before sleep and I cannot fall asleep. I have to be aware about these conditions in order to analyze which counter-measures are needed.

When I was a teenager I worked till late at night. Now I am ending working almost 4 hours before I go to sleep. It helped me a lot. I think sleep is important for humans and their psyche. I think if I adopted this bad habits from when I was a teenager I would now collapse within weeks.

So my recommendation for the community is try to improve your sleep. I know it is very easy to say that. I know many here suffer from severe insomnia. But others might have not read good tips. I am no expert. But for me rituals help. In the end only a certain antidepressant helped to fall alseep. But I tried different things in order to fall asleep. I don't have the energy to list them all. They are complicated.

Maybe you have some good tips? Or you have read a book that helped you to fix your sleeping issues. You could share it with us.

Reactions: SleepyN
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Going to bed at the same time each night helps me. I try to avoid coffee at least three hours before I go to sleep. If I don't feel like sleeping, I take 75mg of promethazine to encourage me, but it usually makes me oversleep which means I struggle to sleep at the right time the next day

Reactions: Endex