eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
He makes some good points. Not sure if this will help anybody feel at peace with death but it was an interesting watch none the less.

• Love
Reactions: narval, Bunyips, GentlyFading and 7 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Sleep is maybe the best part of my life at this time, especially when I am half awake and still in a dream and I think my life is better than it is.

Reactions: Élégie, Ashu, sleepy adventure and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Sleep is maybe the best part of my life at this time, especially when I am half awake and still in a dream and I think my life is better than it is.

Sleep is the only relief I get from my misery. The best part of my day is the first few seconds of waking up, before you fully realize you are still alive. It is all downhill from there.

Our minds use all kinds of trickery to give us false hope. No wonder so many people cling onto hope and delusions, it is the only way they can escape reality.

Reactions: Élégie, Ashu, D&D and 5 others
J

just_wanna_die

Jun 2, 2021
Sleep may be death being shy, but it could also be that sleep is death without the commitment. :zzz::mmm::meh::notsure:

Reactions: Élégie, Pluto, Made4TV and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Sleep may be death being shy, but it could also be that sleep is death without the commitment. :zzz::mmm::meh::notsure:

Well said. No one fears sleep because it is a given you will awake up in the morning. No so much for death. To be honest I am not sure why I made this thread back then.

I will be the first one to admit that I am a coward. I think the only way I will be able to ctb is just not thinking about it. I know it can be done because I have made attempts before, albeit more practice runs than the real deal. I guess I am just scared of the finality of death. Even though it is all I wanted for the past 10 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Ashu, GentlyFading and 2 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021

"It was easy, folks. It was easy..."
@eternal melancholy I'm scared too.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: rotciv, newave3, Talvikki and 3 others
MolinaKeyLime

MolinaKeyLime

Dec 16, 2021
This would be an awesome tv show idea or anime or whatever.

GentlyFading

GentlyFading

seasoned lurker (*ノωノ)ᵉᵉᵏ
Dec 28, 2021
Well said. No one fears sleep because it is a given you will awake up in the morning. No so much for death. To be honest I am not sure why I made this thread back then.

I will be the first one to admit that I am a coward. I think the only way I will be able to ctb is just not thinking about it. I know it can be done because I have made attempts before, albeit more practice runs than the real deal. I guess I am just scared of the finality of death. Even though it is all I wanted for the past 10 years.
I think for me it's not the certainty of death but the change from what I'm used to, the mundane suffering, to the unaccustomed, nothingness. I'm scared of the change from everything to nothing. It's terrifying.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: just_wanna_die and eternalmelancholy
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
"Il gran sonno".

B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
"Now if you suppose that there is no consciousness, but a sleep like the sleep of him who is undisturbed even by the sight of dreams, death will be an unspeakable gain. For if a person were to select the night in which his sleep was undisturbed even by dreams, and were to compare with this the other days and nights of his life, and then were to tell us how many days and nights he had passed in the course of his life better and more pleasantly than this one, I think that any man, I will not say a private man, but even the great king, will not find many such days or nights, when compared with the others. Now if death is like this, I say that to die is gain; for eternity is then only a single night."

Reactions: just_wanna_die
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Sleep is the only thing that brings me comfort. It's cool to not have to experience reality 24/7 and be in misery always, the more you sleep the more you are shielded from suffering and pain. However, sometimes even sleep can become a negative because of nightmares.

• Hugs
Reactions: eternalmelancholy and ClownMe
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Sleep is the only thing that brings me comfort. It's cool to not have to experience reality 24/7 and be in misery always, the more you sleep the more you are shielded from suffering and pain. However, sometimes even sleep can become a negative because of nightmares.
If I could, I would just sleep away my entire existence, I have no real reason to be awake anyway, nothing brings me even a shred of happiness anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, Élégie, eternalmelancholy and 3 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Sleep is the only thing that brings me comfort. It's cool to not have to experience reality 24/7 and be in misery always, the more you sleep the more you are shielded from suffering and pain.

I love sleep as well. It is the best part of living sadly.

If I could, I would just sleep away my entire existence, I have no real reason to be awake anyway, nothing brings me even a shred of happiness anymore.

Is it even possible to die in your sleep? That is the dream. I hate being awake as well. Just knowing that I have to get through another day is tiring. Existing is just a tiring experience. That is why all the money in the world wouldn't matter to me at this point. I just want to disappear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Seiba and Wrennie
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021

In Greek mythology, Hypnos (Sleep) & Thanatos (Death) are twin brothers who live in the Underworld (Hades).

A bronze head of Hypnos with wings sprouting from his temples:

640px-thumbnail.jpg

Reactions: Élégie and just_wanna_die