Guys who have tried sleep deprivation.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
WAS IT ANY GOOD?

Reactions: Cathy Ames
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
fuck no lol. okay, sorry. i was a medical student and was constantly sleep deprived and was awake for days without sleep. would recommend more peaceful methods. :/

• Informative
Reactions: looseye, Noise and Memoka
H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
i have done voluntary sleep deprivation and it's like u turn into a lagging minecraft character the next day, plus sleep/air is a compulsive human need, unlike eating,or drinking. as long as ur in ur body, u WILL fall asleep WHEN U LEAST EXPECT IT, if u decide to sleep deprive urself, remember that

• Informative
Reactions: looseye, Lamentice and Memoka
mondaymornings

mondaymornings

always tired
Mar 21, 2023
I remember hearing about a guy who got some rare illness that literally prevented him from sleeping, like, at all. It's been a while since I watch the video but from what I can remember the guy 1000% suffered. It seemed like hell on earth.
Based on that alone I would not recommend.

• Informative
Reactions: aSilentVoice and Memoka
S

sadjenny

Student
Feb 13, 2023
Ehh.. if you reframe the night as extra time to game or get stuff done, verses time when you sleep, you can at least skip the tossing and turning in bed. But really after a day or 2 you feel like garbage during the day. I didn't sleep for several days in a row, and I began to hallucinate in the day. Very scary.

Do you want to do it for suffering purposes (like self harm?). Or is it a biohacking thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Memoka
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
It's NEVER good for anyone. They don't use sleep deprivation as a tool for the purposes of torture because it's good for the victim.
We need to get complete sleep cycles, passing through all stages of consciousness, heavy and light sleep, aswell as REM sleep
Without it, the immune system and brain cannot regenerate at a cellular level. Your brain stops functioning efficiently, leading to their making of poor choices. Driving or operating while sleep deprived is pretty much on a par with drink driving.
On the plus side, you have won my vote for "the worst idea of the year so far".

• Informative
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

The Best Thing (That Never Happened)
Feb 6, 2023
It pretty much destroyed me so no. Would not recommend.

Get your sleep, you'll need it.

• Informative
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I never "tried" sleep deprivation... I'd be on the streets with no place to sleep for days on end and no it's not good...it's frightening and terrible. Your body trips the heck out...brain, etc...

• Hugs
  • Informative
Jaqen H'ghar

Jaqen H'ghar

Mar 31, 2023
I have not intentionally planned not to sleep.
It used to happen to me during work and studies, but nature always catches up in the long run.
The lesson for me was always to have good rest.

200w.gif

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: aSilentVoice, valkyrie and Memoka
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
I have occasional insomnia, most present at times of high stress. At the time of writing this I would usually be asleep but tonight doesn't appear to be a sleepy night at all. It's a blessing when you can find the energy to do something productive all night long - just too bad this almost never happens

• Informative
A

AsAboveSoBelow

Apr 2, 2023
If by choice, 100% would not recommend. I got severe insomnia and problem sleeping since I was a kid. When I was younger, it gave me some added advantage (I'd have more time to do stuff for self-improvement, like reading and project planning etc.) so I did extremely well at school and uni. Coz at most, I'd get like 2-3 hour naps intermittently (per day) between classes and projects (if I'm lucky). And I was productive AF and it didn't bother me.

But as I approach my mid 20s, it's started to take a toll on me, and I have had to be on medications on an on and off basis (alternating between all the benzos & z-drugs; and rarely, some antipsychotics), with periods of break in between.

So if you're able to get your sleep naturally, get em yeah. No point for sleep deprivation.

• Informative
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I wouldn't recommend it. I can often go for days without feeling like I need sleep but that's because of mental health issues. I cannot function as well without sleep, as I imagine most people are. It messes with my decision-making ability, and I often have had to self-harm to allow myself to concentrate.

• Informative
B

Big_Iron

Apr 5, 2023
I remember hearing about a guy who got some rare illness that literally prevented him from sleeping, like, at all. It's been a while since I watch the video but from what I can remember the guy 1000% suffered. It seemed like hell on earth.
Based on that alone I would not recommend.
It's a condition I think. Sometimes for some reason a person will just never be able to sleep again, and they lose all function slowly until they die. You wouldn't really even know you were dying probably but it wouldn't really be possible to do it intentionally

Memoka

Memoka

The Galaxy Mage
Mar 21, 2023
Good for what, exactly? Are you asking about sleep deprivation as a treatment for depression?
After all its same sleep deprivation. But yes. Thaanks for information.

Reactions: Cathy Ames