hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
Since I don't have access to any meds or prescriptions to make me sleepy, drowsy or less aware. Do you think if I stayed awake until I was physically very tired and also drank alcohol that it would make my hanging attempt easier to commit to?

Maybe I would pass out or not have energy to stop myself if the survival instinct was to kick in at any point

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think it could work.
I did practically the same but with sleeping pills instead. I guess the end is very similar.
However, you could pass out/fall asleep when you don't expect it, just like me. I've heard sleep deprivation can be really a hell.

I'm still alive because I passed out before I could hang myself. I ended up in a 2-day coma. It sucked.

Whatever you do, wish you lots of peace.

hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I think it could work.
I did practically the same but with sleeping pills instead. I guess the end is very similar.
However, you could pass out/fall asleep when you don't expect it, just like me. I've heard sleep deprivation can be really a hell.

Whatever you do, wish you lots of peace.
If it's ok to ask, why did it fail when you attempted with the sleeping pills? Yeah, sleep deprivation isn't pleasurable at all but I don't mean for several days or anything.. I'm sure if I missed one nights sleep and stay awake during the follow day I would be very, very tired

popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
i read a study once where it was proven sleep deprivation can cure depression in the short term. so it could be that u change your mind

generally speaking tho i would say you should listen to your SI, when your at peace with the decision it wont be there

Reactions: Bat 17
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If it's ok to ask, why did it fail when you attempted with the sleeping pills? Yeah, sleep deprivation isn't pleasurable at all but I don't mean for several days or anything.. I'm sure if I missed one nights sleep and stay awake during the follow day I would be very, very tired

I screwed it up and passed out before I could hang myself. The effect of the pills came way too fast! I was not expecting that.