K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
I have bad sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. My method of choice would be Exit Bag with Nitrogen. Probably a stupid question, but would there be any issue with that? Maybe as I relaxed or passed out I would have an apnea which would revup my body and or prompt me to tear off the bag. Or maybe apnea wouldn't occur in the nitrogen environment? I don't know.

Reactions: Mare Imbrium
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I have bad sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. My method of choice would be Exit Bag with Nitrogen. Probably a stupid question, but would there be any issue with that? Maybe as I relaxed or passed out I would have an apnea which would revup my body and or prompt me to tear off the bag. Or maybe apnea wouldn't occur in the nitrogen environment? I don't know.
Nitrogen completely fools the body. Apnea happens when breathing air, and could just as easily happen when breathing nitrogen. Whatever your body does when you have night time breathing problems would, I expect, be the same thing that happens when breathing nitrogen. The exit bag with nitrogen was my first choice, but I have rather severe lung damage, not apnea, and apparently it will not work for me. Good luck K. Just be sure that this is what you want...be very certain.

Reactions: Kbeau
Upvote 0
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Nitrogen completely fools the body. Apnea happens when breathing air, and could just as easily happen when breathing nitrogen. Whatever your body does when you have night time breathing problems would, I expect, be the same thing that happens when breathing nitrogen. The exit bag with nitrogen was my first choice, but I have rather severe lung damage, not apnea, and apparently it will not work for me. Good luck K. Just be sure that this is what you want...be very certain
Yes that's what I suspected. I guess maybe a bunch of Xanax before so I don't conscuously wake while apnea occurs. Alternatively I'd prefer a method that uses a CPAP type delivery. I'll keep searching for that.

Upvote 0