Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I hope so but next time without the childhood abuse.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I believe, based on near death experiences I have heard, that when this body dies the soul keeps on living- there are varying experiences of this, but the majority are very positive- I have my hopes pinned on this. I wish I could fix this life, but I need a time machine to do that.

Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
I believe, based on near death experiences I have heard, that when this body dies the soul keeps on living- there are varying experiences of this, but the majority are very positive- I have my hopes pinned on this. I wish I could fix this life, but I need a time machine to do that.
So I have to still have my memories of abuse and the shit years that followed for all of eternity? Wtf

Anyway, those people never actually died. They're NEAR death, so the chemicals in their brain are acting odd and creating unusual sensations

• Informative
Reactions: MellowAvenue
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
There's no evidence that we even have a soul, nor any scientific explanation of how something immaterial can exists or how it operates outside the normal laws of time/space.
I hope so but next time without the childhood abuse.
I'm not sure I entirely understand the question. Time is sequentially linear, and so it is impossible for a moment that has passed to come again. At one time it was believed that after the universe expands, it will contract again and then rinse/repeat, but this is no longer the case. It's now believed that the universe will just keep going until it expends all the energy that is presently causing it to expand right now. Some refer to this eventuality as the heat death of the universe. What happens after that is anybody's guess. We can't even say for sure, this is all getting us into the hypothetical realm of theoretical physics.

That we exist at all is pretty crazy to think about considering all the millions of other sperm that don't go on to grow into a fully developed human being. Each of us had to overcome great odds to be here in the first place. But at the same time, if you or I didn't exist, then it would be two other people having this conversation. It's like Christians who say "what are the chances that an intelligent species like humans would just evolve out of nothing", it seems significant, but that's just "how it is". There's no other universe or reality to compare it to.

I think it's a little more significant to consider how large the known universe is, and that within a given area of space, this maybe is the only planet to contain life (even taking into account how many worlds there are believed by us to be hypothetically capable of supporting life within just a few light years).

Suppose ours is the only planet to support life, and it is surrounded by so many other planets and systems that should be capable of supporting life but don't... If this is true throughout the galaxy, that for every planet that supports life, each of those is surrounded by so many other planets that is only capable of supporting life, and those are surrounded by so much empty space, and many uninhabitable planets and star systems, well then the odds that ours or any other planets does contain life are pretty mind blowing.