🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Nefer
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Suicide is only going to feel logical to someone who is suicidal. Or- someone who has enough empathy to sympathise with people suffering.

It depends what matters to the person. I imagine people who actually have things that matter to them are less likely to want to kill themselves in the first place. Death kind of makes a mockery of our lives I suppose. Still- imagine if no one bothered doing anything because there was no point to it. Some people try to leave their mark on this world and succeed. Either they excelled in something that brought people joy- inventors, artists, medical professionals etc. Or, maybe they were just a really nice person and made a positive difference to the people's lives around them. I'm not so sure it matters that they couldn't do it for all eternity. (Although of course- an artist's/ inventor's work lives on.)

Still- all we have is the here and now. It's up to the individual on whether they think either they or, what they are doing matters. I imagine for some normies/ pro lifers, the prospect of death only makes their time alive seem more valuable- because they have a finite time to do the things that matter to them.

Reactions: sserafim, Sprite_Geist, Lost Magic and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It depends on the person and how bad their life has gotten

Reactions: Lost Magic, DeadlineDialer, AshH and 2 others
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
CTB for me, is only logical if life has become totally unbearable and full of suffering from forces that you can't control, like being forced into undignified slavery, extreme poverty, debilitating illness with no cure etc and help is withheld

Reactions: sserafim, DeadlineDialer and AshH
retardkid

retardkid

StupidF*ckingDruggie
Apr 8, 2023
i would say yes. life feels like a punishment

Reactions: sserafim, cscott and pthnrdnojvsc
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

…
Jul 10, 2023
A lot of people would agree with this, that suicide is more logical than staying alive because in the end, every effort made in life will suddenly disappear and won't be anyone's concern anymore but some may think otherwise but I don't necessarily understand why they think that way.

Reactions: sserafim and Rogue Proxy
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Theoretically yes, and life is not neutral but negative. There's no point in existing at all (in light of death as you said) and existence surely causes and prolongs a large amount of suffering. I would hardly call anything in life an achievement because what you do in life is just trying to resolve problems that exist because you exist in the first place. Also it's impossible to resolve all problems and end all suffering while staying in existence. I know that we all have no choice but if we continue to exist, suffering is continuously brought about. For example, even when you're achieving success in life you're causing some suffering, because the competitive nature of success determines that when you succeed someone else would be plagued by the frustration of failure. The earlier you die the less suffering you'll have to endure yourself or force on others(from your personal point of view), and the earlier everyone dies the earlier suffering stops.

Practically this is not always the case. This is mainly because there's no magic button to end existence once and for all and no suicide method is painless and guaranteed. Your society is very anti-suicide. Your body, which is the biggest prison in your life, would want you to live regardless of your situation. There's a great chance that after a failed suicide attempt you end up in a much worse situation than you're in now. Therefore, most people still regard suicide as the last resort instead of a priority (and there's no logical incoherence if they agree that death is better at the same time). I consider not giving birth to be a very effective and a more doable way to prevent suffering for most people (compared with suicide).

To me this difference just shows how trapped we are in this life, because the above is exactly what slaves do. They're enslaved this whole time but they'll only take the risk of fighting back when the suffering of being enslaved becomes too unbearable (because the risk of fighting back is great). I mean, sure, you can try to be a happy slave by obeying orders in exchange for some temporary escape from pain, even contentment, but it doesn't change the fact that you don't have much choice so you're still a slave.

Reactions: sserafim, Ambivalent1, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
M

Majestatea Masiva

Feb 4, 2023
of course, if we are at a point where we even ask this, then we are not ready to die and leave this suffering behind

Reactions: sserafim
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
It's all about where you're at and how you feel. Logically, there is no reason to our being, and because of that there is no reason to our ends. What we do here does not matter in a cosmic sense, meaning life's value is entirely subjective to us here and now. We will all die, empires will rise and fall, monuments will erect and erode. The sea will continue to come and go until the sun consumes Earth, and one day all memory of humanity just may fade. Human thoughts and issues are insignificant, silly little things in an incomprehensibly grand ether. Nonetheless, we are human, we cannot peer into that ether, so this is all we know, it's all we have, and it's something we will have to deal with.

When it comes down to it, no matter how hard we try to go against them, most every human has emotions, and they fluctuate. We're primitive creatures who can't chalk everything down to what's most logical. We're here, whether we like it or not, we exist, and we've adapted to avoid death for self preservation. We aren't logical creatures, we aren't here because it's logical, so there's no reason for us to live by a logical code when the universe already dictated our illogical nature for for us. If we feel good, there's no reason for us to end our concept of enjoyment. If we feel like shit, there's no reason to trudge on without reason. The only thing about death is that it is irreversible whereas life is indefinite, you can continue living, but you cannot rise from beyond, making it something to be considered.

Logic gives us no answers, only telling us time and time again that we aren't supposed to be here. Yet to it's own hypocrisy, here we are, meaning we're gonna have to look to something for answers, so where do we go? That's for us to decide, we go one way or the other, so we either ride it out or speed it up, since there is no answer, there is no way to be wrong.

Reactions: sserafim and Ambivalent1
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Well, I am of the impression that the human race is doomed anyway. We, as a species, have almost destroyed this once beautiful planet. However, Survival Instinct and the will to live is strong in most humans. Earth would have been better off without us.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, boyinterrupted and Ambivalent1
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
If have either of these beliefs:
  1. Do not think that life has any inherent (objective) purpose.
  2. Do not wish to create some form of (subjective) purpose for yourself.
Then yes: I think that suicide is a logical option; what reason is there to continue a task that has no reason to be completed?

This post is not intended to argue that suicide is either good, or the only option.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Nothing matters . What will matter in 200, years ? 1000 Years? 1 trillion years?

There is no objective reason for living life / existence .

The only thing that matters to me is me avoiding extreme pain , extreme suffering or extreme torture . Non-existence asap is the only way to guarantee I won't suffer extreme pain or suffering or torture . After death is Non-existence forever which ensures no pain ever

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Rogue Proxy
K

krokilo

Jul 19, 2023
I found meaning to live for spreading ideas of antinatalism/efilism and extinction to end all sentient beings that suffers for no goal

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It will always feel that way to me, I see suicide as being the only truly rational thing to wish for as it's the only way to escape from all harm and suffering in an existence that was completely unnecessary in the first place.

One cannot suffer from not existing yet if one exists there is no limit as to how much agony they can experience. I see wishing to prolong existence as being completely irrational especially as there is always the risk of experiencing much worse torture at any moment, existing is completely meaningless and only leads to one decaying and dying anyway, I could never see a point to existing.

Suicide is simply the way to prevent unnecessary suffering, I see it as preferable to not exist under all circumstances, only nothingness is perfect to me.

Reactions: sserafim, AshH and Rogue Proxy