BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I met with my social worker today. I like them because they're honest and experienced. They don't mince words. When we were talking and I was telling them my plans, they listened carefully until I finished. Then they told me that they "commend me for being so proactive." Maybe it's the former student in me, or whatever else people like my boss see in me, but it was nice to hear that someone thinks I'm actually doing something right. It was nice to hear that praise, even if I'm not sure if I agree with it. Lol.

Even typing this out and reflecting on it, I still feel terrible. I've been on the verge of tears all day, everything feels very heavy today. But at least someone irl took the time to say something so kind.

• Hugs
Reactions: Giraffey, GoodPersonEffed, Symbiote and 7 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I met with my social worker today. I like them because they're honest and experienced. They don't mince words. When we were talking and I was telling them my plans, they listened carefully until I finished. Then they told me that they "commend me for being so proactive." Maybe it's the former student in me, or whatever else people like my boss see in me, but it was nice to hear that someone thinks I'm actually doing something right. It was nice to hear that praise, even if I'm not sure if I agree with it. Lol.
It is nice to hear good news from you, Bitterly.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, woxihuanni and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
It is nice to hear good news from you, Bitterly.
Thank you. I feel bad because I've been so negative lately. People deserve to hear something nice going on, lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antigone_iris, Deleted member 1465, woxihuanni and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Great Bitterly, I'm also a very negative person, I just don't show it. I don't call me negative, call myself realistic haha

• Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris, BitterlyAlive and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Good to hear. Sometimes it can be a real boost to hear someone say they are proud of us, that they recognise the effort we go to even though we feel like crap.
Great Bitterly, I'm also a very negative person, I just don't show it. I don't call me negative, call myself realistic haha
If you feel down when things are bad, that's not being negative, that's being realistic.
I believe that's the basis on which you need to stand to be realistically optimistic rather than mindlessly optimistic. :smiling:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Symbiote, BitterlyAlive and antigone_iris
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Good to hear. Sometimes it can be a real boost to hear someone say they are proud of us, that they recognise the effort we go to even though we feel like crap.

If you feel down when things are bad, that's not being negative, that's being realistic.
I believe that's the basis on which you need to stand to be realistically optimistic rather than mindlessly optimistic. :smiling:
Don't get me wrong, even though I fight the good things people are kind enough to say on here, it's still nice to hear. I don't want to sound like I'm ungrateful for you guys. It hits different when it's someone irl though. And yes, keep hammering in realisitic optimism. It really is important.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Deleted member 1465 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga