What do you think?

• Total voters
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
… especially if they have an incurable disease such as Alzheimer's, cancer, etc.?

It's been awhile since I've cared about sharing anything personal on here as I've tried distancing myself from the site, but I felt this would be the only place to understand so why not.

Anyway, lately the fear of my mother getting Alzheimer's has been growing especially since she's been forgetting things more like paying the house payment and such. We've discussed this before especially considering my grandmother whom is my mom's mother had Alzheimer's also and knows all too well what's in store for her if she gets it. It took a grueling 13 years for my grandmother to finally die from it for damn sake. My mom has said before she would want me to if it does become bad, but she obviously feels hesitant to even talk about it let alone entertaining any plans for it.

I've considered sharing what I've learned about the SN method, but that would give away my plans for myself. Also if she doesn't kill herself after I do, then by the time she'd want to actually potentially use it it would probably be too late for her to know wtf she's supposed to do given that Alzheimer's impairs your ability to do stuff. My biggest fear is her actually getting it and knowing my luck in life she probably will and now I'm left feeling bad if I kill myself before or during whenever she gets it, she won't be able to kill herself and will be trapped here in her deteriorating body for years until she dies. I can't stomach the idea of killing her myself as it's too traumatic that's why I wish I could tell her about the SN before killing myself or when I ctb leave one of the SN bottles in my room for her to find somehow but knowing her she'd give it to the authorities. Now I feel like a horrible son, but if it was the only way and she asked I would try or atleast like to think so but still it's such a conflicting feeling.

Apologies for the long backstory I know no one cares. I just wanted to give an example and how conflicting it actually is when the situation arises, but anyway what do you think would you do it for a loved one?

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: LADY007, lululoo, GoodPersonEffed and 12 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@Circles, people care! I care.

It is very hard to weigh everything that needs consideration when someone close to us needs a good death and hopes we can help. If the person can do the deed themselves if they're given the ingredients and instructions, I reckon that's easier to find the heart to do, but still.

(((Hug)))

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, AutumnEmbers, mediocre and 1 other person
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
If it's someone that I care about and he suffer from a hard Disease I'm ready to Finance them euthanasia in Switzerland And accompany them in the process.

• Hugs
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, mediocre and Circles
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I'm sorry Mr Circles. I've been wondering where you've been; I miss you Circles. Seeing that your circle avatar is dark; you're in a bad place now, I reckon. I wish you well and peace. I care for you Mr Circles, and you made me feel welcomed and cared when I joined this site. My grandfather stuck in a stroke stricken body for 10 years, can't even lift a finger. I don't wanna my mom to go through that. I hope to die before I see her suffer. That's all I can do for my mom.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, lululoo, AutumnEmbers and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
If I could afford Pegasus or Dignitas, and if they accepted the person's illness as eligible for their help, that would simplify things for sure. But if it's not possible to find an organization that would accept my relative/friend, it's ... I know what I would feel is the right thing to do, but that wouldn't make it easy to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: lululoo, mediocre and Circles
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
People do care Circles, I'll PM you though, my response is very personal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LADY007, lululoo, Soul and 3 others
R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
I wouldn't kill them, I would just give them all the information and help they need to do it themselves and during I would perhaps try to talk them out of it.

I understand what it's like to long for death, because you are suffering, so I cannot ignore them. It would be too cruel.

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, lululoo and Circles
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
No I wouldn't personally. I would advise them to take recreational drugs like heroin/benzos and overdose but I would not be assisting them.

People are forgetting that assisted suicide is still considered murder in many jurisdictions and carries between 10-20yrs in prison. Not risking that.

• Aww..
Reactions: LADY007 and Circles
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I've recounted my experience of this with you @Circles I'm always happy to discuss it with you in private. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I wouldn't get a knife and start stabbing them or I won't make it obvious like suffocation. I would tell them how to hang themselves and go out for an hour. But I hope I won't ever be put in that situation.

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, Circles. I'm so sorry-- you shouldn't have to worry about ending your own life and ending hers.
Are you sure you couldn't tell her about SN without giving yourself away? In my experience parents like to believe the lies we tell them if it means they don't have to worry as much. You could say you learned of the method in a news article about someone who CTB'ed, or you could say you had been considering it but you're okay now. (sorry if I am forgetting something about your personal situation that would make those unbelievable. Also I'm obviously extrapolating from my experience with my parents).

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
loginboy69

loginboy69

Mar 25, 2020
Id probably just teach honestly , depends on the level of suffering

• Hugs