X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
I've replayed Silent Hill 2 and I think it's the darkest in the series. It perfectly sums up depression. I've also played Silent Hill 4, Homecoming, Downpour, and Origins. Are any of you fans too?

• Love
Reactions: houseofleaves, lobster salad, neitherherenorthere and 6 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Silent Hill 2 is on my "favorite games ever" shortlist. :love: It really does have this deep aura of depression and dread and loss. It's nice to see your reality reflected in a piece of media, bleak as it may be. That staircase scene always hits me somewhere deep.

WillYouLoveMe
HealMyPain

The lines are acted so sarcastically and bitterly lol. Poor girl spends the whole game being pro-life'd by James and when she finally makes a good point about how hollow his sentiments are, he just stands there like "uhh damn..."

I haven't played most of the games past 4, but Shattered Memories is a great little spin-off. Very unique, for better and worse. Pretty horny too! The game can outright call you a pervert a few times. It's not that long and worth the time investment imo

• Love
Reactions: houseofleaves, neitherherenorthere, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
I love the franchise. SH 2 is probably my favorite, I also liked Downpour regardless of what the hardcore fans think about it.
I also really liked the 2006 movie, I thought the alleyway shot when we first encounter the monsters was a superb nod to the games. The 2nd film wasn't so good though.

I'm very hopeful Konami will eventually put out a remake on par with the Resident Evil Remakes. This is one of the few things I consider worth sticking around to experience first.

• Love
Reactions: Mentalmick and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've beaten and thoroughly enjoyed them all. I think 4, 2, and Origins are my favorites.

I love the franchise. SH 2 is probably my favorite, I also liked Downpour regardless of what the hardcore fans think about it.
I also really liked the 2006 movie, I thought the alleyway shot when we first encounter the monsters was a superb nod to the games. The 2nd film wasn't so good though.

I'm very hopeful Konami will eventually put out a remake on par with the Resident Evil Remakes. This is one of the few things I consider worth sticking around to experience first.

Downpour wasn't necessarily terrible in terms of story and everything. It was different sure but that's not a bad thing. It did however run like utter dog shit on my Xbox 360. Huge frame rate drops, glitchy, and clunky controls.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Downpour wasn't necessarily terrible in terms of story and everything. It was different sure but that's not a bad thing. It did however run like utter dog shit on my Xbox 360. Huge frame rate drops, glitchy, and clunky controls.
Agree the performance wasn't the smoothest on my old 360 either.

I loved the way the story started off, from the crash, to the forest trek, to the mines, then eventually into the town. All of this was very different to previous titles and a unique spin to the series. It had some clever psychological game design here and there too, like the endless stairs that require you to just turn around LOL.

But all in all I just want Konami to put out high budget remakes of 1, 2 + 3 like Capcom did with RE. They'll gross so much money from the loyal fanbase. But I wouldn't complain if they finished off P.T either. The Junjo Ito & Del Toro collabs were so promising.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Agree the performance wasn't the smoothest on my old 360 either.

I loved the way the story started off, from the crash, to the forest trek, to the mines, then eventually into the town. All of this was very different to previous titles and a unique spin to the series. It had some clever psychological game design here and there too, like the endless stairs that require you to just turn around LOL.

But all in all I just want Konami to put out high budget remakes of 1, 2 + 3 like Capcom did with RE. They'll gross so much money from the loyal fanbase. But I wouldn't complain if they finished off P.T either. The Junjo Ito & Del Toro collabs were so promising.

PT is toast for sure, which is sad because it had so much potential. Word is that Konami is working on a new MGS and SH title. They've confirmed that both series will continue without Kojima. My expectations are realistically low but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Well there were a lot of rumours that Kojima was back holding meetings with Konami again, this time with the intention of finishing off P.T and working on a MGS Remake. Kojima also tweeted out some cryptic tweets not that long ago of him holding up a pencil with Pyramid written on the side of it etc...

Then theres also a lot of whispers about the SH remakes to the extent that Konami even hired the original music composer for a top secret project that would "revive a well loved classic" so who knows.

Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
Well there were a lot of rumours that Kojima was back holding meetings with Konami again, this time with the intention of finishing off P.T and working on a MGS Remake. Kojima also tweeted out some cryptic tweets not that long ago of him holding up a pencil with Pyramid written on the side of it etc...

Then theres also a lot of whispers about the SH remakes to the extent that Konami even hired the original music composer for a top secret project that would "revive a well loved classic" so who knows.
Perhaps we are finally going to get a pachinko silent hill game.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I never played any of the Silent Hill games, but I really liked the story of Silent Hill Homecoming when I watched a play though of the game.

Reactions: Mentalmick
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
I've replayed Silent Hill 2 and I think it's the darkest in the series. It perfectly sums up depression. I've also played Silent Hill 4, Homecoming, Downpour, and Origins. Are any of you fans too?
Absolutely. The atmosphere and general vibes of the series are perfectly melancholic

Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I haven't played the games much but I like the soundtrack.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I never played any of the Silent Hill games, but I really liked the story of Silent Hill Homecoming when I watched a play though of the game.
Try watching the first 4, their stories are vastly superior.

W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
I only played the PSP game and I wanted to play Silent Hill using a PS simulator on the computer but it was just really buggy so I stopped.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I only played the PSP game and I wanted to play Silent Hill using a PS simulator on the computer but it was just really buggy so I stopped.
You could try using Retroarch with Beetle PSX.

• Love
Reactions: Werewolf.
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: Werewolf.
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Archive.org recently added a ton of PS classic games available to play through their online emulator.
Silent Hill being one of them, doesn't run too bad from what I recall.
Thank you!! I will try this as well. I appreciate it. :)

D

Deleted member 8975

I played Silent Hill 3 with a girl from here once. One of the best memories in my life.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Silent Hill 2 is the best psychological horror game there is. 1 and 3 are great games too. Soundtracks is one of the best soundtracks ever. Really precious series

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Poor girl spends the whole game being pro-life'd by James and when she finally makes a good point about how hollow his sentiments are, he just stands there like "uhh damn..."
Lol not to mention the canon ending is "In Water" according to word of god. Maybe Angela made James see the light.

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
The original copies are worth a lot now if you have one