WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
Okay so, as I was scrolling through forums, news sites and random articles.. I came across this extremely judgmental article "signs you're unattractive"
and as someone who's fairly an okay looking by most standards, I found out that I, in fact, possess multiple signs.. that are obviously agreed upon by most people in the comments. which put some particular past events in a new perspective. Maybe I'm not an ok looking after all. I'm not lying when I say it was a huge blow to my already-damaged self esteem. It just goes to show how society view the little humane things we do/struggle with on a daily basis as something "ugly"
without further ado, here are the signs. (Feel free to discuss which "sign" you currently think you have)

1- you are overweight
we believe in #bodypositivity and in loving yourself for who you are. But if you can become a better and healthier version of yourself with a healthy diet, is it wrong to change for the better?
2- you have poor, personal hygiene
3- your teeth are bad
4- you never make an effort

If you can't be bothered to be attractive, why would anyone find you so? Looking like you last showered a few days ago, or like you're wearing the same sweats for the last week, that's not a good look.
5- you wear ill-fitting/inappropriate outfits
6- you have a short temper
7- you're too opinionated
8- you're overbearing
9- you're ungroomed
10- you have bad tattoos
11- you have a bad hair
12- you have a bad figure
13- no butt or just a little too much butt
14- you tell bad jokes
15- you are loud
16- you have bad skin
17- you talk about things that make other people feel uncomfortable
18- you have bad dirty nails
19- you're arrogant
20- you have no interests
21- you stoop when you walk (bad posture)
21- you have a bad attitude
22- you're lazy
23- your friends give up on you
24- you don't exercise
25- you don't eat healthy
25- you complain
26- you're rude to people
27- you're boring
28- you're entitled
29- you hate your job
30- you don't take advice
31- you don't care about appearance
33- you're not confident

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: charlottewilts, ErzsebetBATHORY, Dr Iron Arc and 3 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I have 33, 30, maybe 29, 27, 25, 24, 23, nowadays 22, 20, perhaps others.
I think I'm unattractive then.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Okay so, as I was scrolling through forums, news sites and random articles.. I came across this extremely judgmental article "signs you're unattractive"
and as someone who's fairly an okay looking by most standards, I found out that I, in fact, possess multiple signs.. that are obviously agreed upon by most people in the comments. which put some particular past events in a new perspective. Maybe I'm not an ok looking after all. I'm not lying when I say it was a huge blow to my already-damaged self esteem. It just goes to show how society view the little humane things we do/struggle with on a daily basis as something "ugly"
without further ado, here are the signs. (Feel free to discuss which "sign" you currently think you have)

1- you are overweight
we believe in #bodypositivity and in loving yourself for who you are. But if you can become a better and healthier version of yourself with a healthy diet, is it wrong to change for the better?
3- your teeth are bad

If you can't be bothered to be attractive, why would anyone find you so? Looking like you last showered a few days ago, or like you're wearing the same sweats for the last week, that's not a good look.
8- you're overbearing
9- you're ungroomed
10- you have bad tattoos
11- you have a bad hair
14- you tell bad jokes
15- you are loud
16- you have bad skin
19- you're arrogant
22- you're lazy
24- you don't exercise
25- you complain
27- you're boring
28- you're entitled
29- you hate your job
33- you're not confident
As you said this is quite a judemental article so I would take it with a grain of salt. It seems like whoever made such a list wants people to be as vain and shallow as they are. It also doesn't sound like they gave any advice for how to improve on any of these unattractive aspects so I'm not sure what other purpose such an article would have other than to make people feel worse. Many of these things have other causes like mental health or trauma or are just a subjective opinion. Overall not very empathetic and not something I would think too much about.

• Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, Celerity, Scribble Fan and 2 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Actual list:

• The distance between your eyes and your mouth is much bigger than the distance between your eyes, or the opposite
  • Your eyes point downwards (from intern to extern)
  • Your jaw is not much defined
  • You have an asymettrical face
  • You have a weird and rough cranial skull
  • Your chin is not protrusive
  • The distance between your mouth and your nose is too much
  • You are short
  • You have little frame

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: charlottewilts, Skathon, UseItOrLoseIt and 6 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Out of that list the only real ugliness is nr 27

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts and Mendex
Shadowgeist

Shadowgeist

Jun 1, 2021
This list is utter BS. So much of beauty today is manufactured or not real. Camera filters, make up, photoshop, plastic surgery. By these standards, no one is attractive. Whomever wrote this article is clearly flawed themselves. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with society.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, Largeletters, western_heart and 4 others
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
This list is utter BS. So much of beauty today is manufactured or not real. Camera filters, make up, photoshop, plastic surgery. By these standards, no one is attractive. Whomever wrote this article is clearly flawed themselves. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with society.
True it's disgusting tbh this society

Reactions: hhanako, Largeletters, death137 and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
That list is so long that virtually everyone has at least one of those traits that is listed, so that must mean that everyone is unnattractive in the eyes of whoever wrote the article.

Some of the traits on this list contradict each other so it is not possible to tick every box; this is because the list is made up of a collection of standards from multiple individuals used in combination, but the problem with this is that every one of these individuals has differing opinions on what it means to be beautiful, so they cancel each other out. For example: No.14 states that it is "ugly" to have a bad sense of humour, but humour is based largely on personal preference; one person may have a dark sense of humour, and so they will like comedians such as George Carlin; another person may have an opposing, more wholesome sense of humour, so they will gravitate toward less "politically incorrect" comedians. The preferences of both of these individuals are equally valid, but you will not be able to please both.

Whoever wrote this article comes across as unkind and overly-demanding of others; which is interesting considering they have listed both rudeness and entitlement as signs of being "ugly." I would have expected someone who is so vain to look in the mirror more.

• Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, Skathon, Largeletters and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021

1- you are overweight
3- your teeth are bad

8- you're overbearing
9- you're ungroomed
10- you have bad tattoos
11- you have a bad hair
14- you tell bad jokes
15- you are loud
16- you have bad skin
19- you're arrogant
22- you're lazy
24- you don't exercise
25- you complain
27- you're boring
28- you're entitled
29- you hate your job
33- you're not confident
4(extra much), 5, 9, 11, 16, 17, 18,19, 20(extra much), 21(extra much), 22(extra much), 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32(you missed 32), 33.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I'm so ugly, haunted houses book me as their main attraction year-round.
I'm so ugly, my wife died of alcohol poisoning trying to see if I become a 10.
I'm so ugly, I scared the shit out of the toilet.
I'm so ugly, the government moved Halloween to my birthday
I'm so ugly, I gave myself PTSD looking at the mirror.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Largeletters and Bigpink
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 33

but honestly I think the biggest sign is people actually telling you that you're unattractive or some variation of.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
This is reaching..you're talking about different types of "attractiveness", you can't conflate you being "okay looking" with all these numerous bullet points, most of which have nothing to do with your natural born physical appearance.
About 6 out of the 33 are relevant to the way you actually look.
There is a reason some people can put all the effort in the world into their appearance and still come up short, while others can do hard drugs and wear a trash bag and still be more desirable than most..

I take offense to this as someone who has legitimate physical detriments that I cannot control-which have heavily impacted my life and the way people treat me.
If you're otherwise good looking, you can pick up any number of these bad habits and still be considered good looking and still get overall better treatment and privileges for such.
Not to mention the majority of these things are changeable and within your control, I WISH the solution to my issues was a matter I could take into my own hands. Especially if we are talking about a shitty personality or simple grooming habits.
I know of people who don't shower or brush their teeth, wear practical rags, have a bad, stuck-up attitude and everyone still flocks to them like kids to a candy shop.

So pay no mind to this article, it's no better than a page out of a CosmoGirl magazine.
Most of us here probably check the 'lack of hygiene' boxes because we are suicidal and no longer have the will to live..it doesn't mean each of us is as ugly as the next.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, eyecandy, Largeletters and 3 others
Josef2000

Josef2000

Forsaken One
Nov 5, 2019
What's the purpose of things like this? Who does this benefit? I know your only reproducing the list from others but aren't we struggling enough without having to be reminded of bad skin, having an asymmetrical face etc?

I've probably missed the point

Reactions: charlottewilts, Largeletters, demuic and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Number 1 for me, definitely.
I used to be quite slim and girls complimented me on the streets from time to time. I was even kinda popular with them lol.

Then, my 30s came and I got really fat and no I received no more compliments. Just quick glances and then I was ignored! That really hurt my self-esteem!

Now, I've managed to lose some weight but I really hate that physical appearance is so goddamn important in this world.

• Hugs
RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Lol, I'm definitely boring but I keep myself entertained I guess.

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
Based on number 29 almost everyone is ugly then

LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
It's like a kid with rich parents preaching to a crippled hobo about why he's poor.
They want ugly people to stop talking about how unfair life is and blame themselves instead.
In reality, most of your life is predetermined at birth or during your upbringing.

Reactions: charlottewilts, Largeletters, death137 and 2 others
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
Regardless of how I look I think deep down I'm an unattractive person

Reactions: Skathon
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
1, 2, 4, 6 sometimes, 7, 8, 9, 12, 14, 15 sometimes, 17, 18, 21, the other 21, 22, 24, 25, the other 25, 27, 29, 30, 31, and 33.

At least this list addresses reasons one can be unattractive beyond the physical. There's probably even more traits that would apply to me too.

And people actually try to condescend to me and act like I have a chance. Yeah right.

E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Jun 2, 2021
i think its a highly subjective thing. ugly and beauty are always in the eye of the beholder. for me, these are what makes something unattractive:
fatness. stankiness. hideousness. arrogance. fake assness. superiority/inferiority complexes. daylight tends to make shit ugly to me. crackhead behaviour and fiend shit in general. flakiness. people that think the entire universe exists to serve them treats on a silver platter... shit like that. if yer cracked and insane but dont git all uppity and shit and wingnutty, yer fine. im very sensual, so outright hideousness in any form that my mind can recognize is easily and quickly detected. beauty the same. but i see beauty in dark and strange places. uncommon, not normal p[laces. if its redundant or common, ill bore fast. i like the thorns in things. things too perfect and symmemtrical are gross. i like a perfectly flawed thing. flawed so that its still sorta functional and unnoticed and unloved by most. i like it to be mine,. and i like it to have found it on my own power rather than to have it shown to me.

Attachments

• dxxxxxx.jpg
    dxxxxxx.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and Makko