D

Doireally

Aug 21, 2018
Hey all,

I found this recently and have been reading a lot of the threads and "catching up". I resonate with a lot of whats been brought up and how everything is approached, but I havent seen a strong thread on how to deal with a partner. They know I wish to ctb, but can't help me aside from financial and weak emotional support. I feel like a massive weight thats only getting larger as time moves on.

They dont approve of my intentions and to me, are my last hurdle before finally moving forward. Any advice for guiding them through the emotions and pain that would come about with my death?

Reactions: Deutsch, lv-gras and Bandzbandz
B

Bandzbandz

Student
Aug 23, 2018
Tbh I've expressed my suicidal desires to my partner once and I wouldn't want to mention it again.
That's part of why I would like to make it look like an accident. I chose drowning in a river when I go swimming - that's as about as accidental it would get. My SO would break up with me if he knew how serious I was. It's not that I don't want him to break up with me, it's that he has certain notions and thoughts about CTB and for personal reasons I don't want him knowing I did it on purpose. It's the same with my friends, family (he is part of my family - Hes THAT close to me and I haven't said anything about it again).
You can express your desires, make it look like an accident, or leave your SO a long note on why you did what you did - he or she would want to know.

Reactions: Deutsch and lv-gras
MortDeVivre

MortDeVivre

"If a battle cannot be won, do not fight it."
May 31, 2018
I don't have a partner, but my death is mine alone, and I don't have to please anyone else but me. It would be like this in any case.

The only other person who's part of the equation is my partner (suicide one), but that's different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deutsch and lv-gras