Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i know a few people here smoke up so i thought id ask. have any of you noticed anything? it seems ive developed what i can best relate to as a smokers cough but ive never heard of people talking about it with weed. i mean you have your cough from the smoke scratching your throat but this lasts after that. and no matter how much i clear my throat it seems to not go away. im fine right now but its been.....like 12hrs since my last one. is this normal with smoking weed?

• Hugs
Reactions: Fehler and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
i know a few people here smoke up so i thought id ask. have any of you noticed anything? it seems ive developed what i can best relate to as a smokers cough but ive never heard of people talking about it with weed. i mean you have your cough from the smoke scratching your throat but this lasts after that. and no matter how much i clear my throat it seems to not go away. im fine right now but its been.....like 12hrs since my last one. is this normal with smoking weed?
Yes it's normal and nothing to be overly concerned with. Long term use can raise your susceptibility to cancer (if you smoke it) or schizophrenia and psychosis.

Short term side effects can include coughing, memory loss, dry mouth, and paranoia.

Reactions: Fehler, Sensei, voyager and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Long term use can raise your susceptibility to cancer
i typically like your info but this one confuses me. they suggest weed to cancer patients.....of course its kinda too late for them. im not one of the believers that thinks it cures cancer but this is also the first time ive heard this is all im saying.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
i typically like your info but this one confuses me. they suggest weed to cancer patients.....of course its kinda too late for them. im not one of the believers that thinks it cures cancer but this is also the first time ive heard this is all im saying.
Smoking anything can raise the risk of cancer, the lungs aren't made for it. CBD oils and other Cannabinoid extracts are used in cancer treatments sometimes.

They sometimes allow cancer patients to smoke medical grade marijuana when the patient is unable to eat due to chemotherapy. But smoking it is never recommended as a long term treatment.

Reactions: Sensei
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Smoking anything can raise the risk of cancer, the lungs aren't made for it. CBD oils and other Cannabinoid extracts are used in cancer treatments sometimea.

They sometimes allow cancer patients to smoke medical grade marijuana when the patient is unable to eat due to chemotherapy. But smoking it is never recommended as a long term treatment.
this makes sense now, ok.

ok cool, as long as im not dying or anything

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
this makes sense now, ok.

ok cool, as long as im not dying or anything
Na, you'll be okay. Any excess mucous you have built up from smoking will be expelled within a few days or so of quitting.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, voyager, Fragile and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, Ghost2211 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, Ghost2211 and Fragile
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, Ghost2211 and Brick In The Wall
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
THC bonds with CB1 receptors on cancer cells, which triggers the release of ceramics, interfering with mitochondrial function and killing the cell. CB1 receptors on normal cells, however, do not have this effect.

Our endocannabinoid Anandamide does this too. Think of THC as an exogenous supplement.

Ideally, one doesn't combust weed, but extracts the cannabinoids and vapes or eats it. Combusted compounds are often carcinogenic.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624 and Sensei
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
had it, hated it. if it keeps bothering you that much (as it did to me) go for edibles (personal favorite) or a bong (they clean and cool the smoke, from what I understand, so it will hurt your throat less).

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Get weed candies, or get oil and bake some cookies/brownies if smoking it is uncomfortable. Also, a bong helps since the water makes the smoke less dry and cools it down. You can also vape. Smoke can irritate lungs regardless of what you're smoking. irritation won't likely lead to cancer (assuming you're not a really heavy smoker). It's not like cigarettes.

Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
I started smoking at 19 occasionally and at 22 I started to smoke more when I freaked out from the first attempt at ctb.
I had up to 9 plants when I was younger (in Spain it is legal) and they came out very pretty, but damn how the electricity bill went up.
Now they have taken out led lights and smaller greenhouses of up to 2 plants but my time is past ... the truth is that it requires a lot of work to care for them.
Of the effects that Brick in The Wall says, the main one I have is short-term memory loss and dry mouth.