orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
SI - how to overcome it? Let's discuss.

The instinct of self-preservation.

Alcohol is an easy way to overcome this. But what about those who use the SN method? What are the legal ways?

What do you think?

Reactions: Joplin
lanax09

lanax09

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
choose a more passive method that doesn't feel like you're killing yourself, and keep yourself semi-distracted while you're doing it, like listening to music or watching a show or something. SN should be good for that purpose since it's supposed to just feel like drinking saltwater.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, hahabye, FuneralCry and 2 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I think when you reach rock bottom, nothing else matters anymore...

Reactions: Stolen Absolution, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, FuneralCry and 3 others
RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
I was thinking when you do something for yourself it's the opposite of SI,

maybe always try and think the opposite and you'll train out of it...

ramble, I work nights yawn

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/dont-be-afraid-of-death.47413/#post-857030

death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/dont-be-afraid-of-death.47413/#post-857030

For some of us the big problem isn't the destination (death) but process (dying). We you know that your method cause painful or uncomfortable dying then its difficult to ctb. Some who use violent methods use something to decrease the fear or just go through with it. For example some use alcohol during full suspension. It might decrease fear but it could also ruin your plan. Do you personally think its worth the risk?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Dead Meat
Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
To me, SI means you have not hit the rock bottom yet. You are not subconsciously ready. And that's not a bad thing. I still wish I was successful in my first attempt 5 years ago, but then I do understand a part of me wanted to live back then.

Reactions: NoMoreMorbidity, Beachedwhale and FuneralCry
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, I hate the fact that alcohol and SN are not compatible.

However, I think if I'm desperate enough and have SN with me, I'll just drink it.

Still, I'd rather get a gun, get drunk af and then just shoot myself.

Reactions: Existingnotliving
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion, I think for in terms of methods like SN, if you are struggling with the survival instinct maybe you just aren't ready. People ctb when they are desperate, out of options and the want and need to die has taken over the mind. This is why there is many impulsive suicides rather than planned suicides, if it is a planned date SI may kick in because of the way our brains are wired. I feel like for example many jumping methods aren't planned because of our instinct to survive.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat and Beachedwhale
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
fast/instant methods, i think. gun/jumping/maybe train etc.
yes, i think it's the best way to "overcome SI"

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and WornOutLife
J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
The same predicament. Somehow managed to get all the ingredients for this SN exit and now I'm wondering how I will carry it out. I think drinking heavily the night before I need to fast would help. Makes me so down. Having a list of why I don't want to go on and a playlist of all the most depressing songs I can find to play while I carry out the act. Fasting alone for 48 hours is a tough task though.
But maybe the hangriness will contribute!?
Or... texting the most toxic ex or biggest trigger person.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
It's a very bad idea to shoot yourself when your hand isn't steady

• Aww..
Reactions: W3akCr3atur3 and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It's a very bad idea to shoot yourself when your hand isn't steady

Ohh, I just want to be happy, you know, before I get really dizzy but yeah, I could end up alive and in a worse state so, I probably won't do it.

Damn, I guess I'll just have to ctb while being anxious and sad. I hate u now! JK ;)

Diesel_Punk

Diesel_Punk

Chasing dreamless sleep
May 6, 2021
I think that for many here, myself included SI is simply impossible to overcome because it is literally our most primal instinct that has been evolving since the beginning of life itself. No matter how much we may want to put and end to our suffering and no matter how well we have thought that decision through through, one simply cannot trick nature that easily. All we can hope for is for a temporary lapse into primal emotions such as extreme sadness, anger and despair to, often for a very short while outweigh our SI allowing us to ctb

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
I think that for many here, myself included SI is simply impossible to overcome because it is literally our most primal instinct that has been evolving since the beginning of life itself. No matter how much we may want to put and end to our suffering and no matter how well we have thought that decision through through, one simply cannot trick nature that easily. All we can hope for is for a temporary lapse into primal emotions such as extreme sadness, anger and despair to, often for a very short while outweigh our SI allowing us to ctb
Agreed. Which is why I got all the necessary compounds for SN. And now I can just wait for the next perfect storm. If only there was a simple pill, I would have been gone years ago. Booze with benzos or ambien would have pushed me passed SI if it was one simple pill. :/

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Ohh, I just want to be happy, you know, before I get really dizzy
Maybe passing out & drowning in the bathtub isn't such a scary way to ctb as people say it is. I mean, how much can drowning hurt if you're really, really drunk & sedated/medicated? Drunks break their arms, legs & ribs all the time & they don't feel shit. My fucking father certainly didn't.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Beachedwhale and WornOutLife
J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
Maybe passing out & drowning in the bathtub isn't such a scary way to ctb as people say it is. I mean, how much can drowning hurt if you're really, really drunk & sedated/medicated? Drunks break their arms, legs & ribs all the time & they don't feel shit. My fucking father certainly didn't.
Maybe? But I tried plastic bag and sleeping pills and alcohol and still managed to take the bag off in my sleep. So only if there isn't an SI effect with drunk drowning?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Maybe? But I tried plastic bag and sleeping pills and alcohol and still managed to take the bag off in my sleep. So only if there isn't an SI effect with drunk drowning?
Dolores O'Riordan & Whitney Houston managed to drown in their tubs. They say that lots of drunk people unintentionally drown in a jacuzzi/pool/river/lake/sea. I remember reading it's a big problem in Ireland & Australia

J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
Dolores O'Riordan & Whitney Houston managed to drown in their tubs. They say that lots of drunk people unintentionally drown in a jacuzzi/pool/river/lake/sea. I remember reading it's a big problem in Ireland & Australia
Gawdamn so many missed opportunities!! Why I don't find this website years ago!!! :'D God imagine dying after having too much wine in your tub. Candles, music, a full tub and a few bottles of vino.... that should have been my exit. Now I got no tub and only a shower. Sigh.
They say it's a huge issues at the canals here in The Netherlands too. Guys getting drunk and pissing into the canals then falling in drunk and drowning. Ewww those canals must be quite gross though.