ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
I'm fortunate I guess to have a job in which most time of the year my being there isn't all that important, so I was thinking about seeing if I could get 2 weeks off. Of course it'd be unpaid, but with my money+ tax returns I can still afford my rent to my mother and my own groceries etc and so I asked my mom if she'd be okay with that and she essentially told me to grow up and stop being a bitch. I don't know what I expected but doesn't make me feel any better knowing that even if my boss approved it I'd get shit from my mom all day anyway so it's not worth it. I don't want to participate it's fucking miserable every day anyway I just want to either be outside during the day when I can daydream and then embrace the crushing despair during the night without any added bs...

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, watchingthewheels, Dead Meat and 2 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Your mother shouldn't be speaking to you like that. I know I sound like a broken record, but if you are able to move into a shared house arrangement elsewhere, it would give you an opportunity to start to recover from the damage inflicted to your mental health.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Actually, any doubts or hesitation I was having or delusions of it gets better kind of just went out the window just now. This will always be the reality and it will always get worse
Your mother shouldn't be speaking to you like that. I know I sound like a broken record, but if you are able to move into a shared house arrangement elsewhere, it would give you an opportunity to start to recover from the damage inflicted to your mental health.
She's actually a very good mother and moving out would sadly do worse for me as I'd have to work more in that case. It's just an old persons " Back in my day we had to do XYZ BLAH BLAH" ranting but it most certainly killed any desire I have to stick around

• Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat and Pluto
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Having a vacation or just not having to work and still have the funds to do so is not being weak. Maybe your mom needs to go on a vacation for awhile to. She looks like she needs one if her attitude is that bad.

Reactions: ikadasui
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Some people are so awful, I can imagine that it must be really unpleasant having to deal with someone like that. I'm sorry that you are suffering, this life is just so depressing. I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCadet