Do you think people could talk about politics here?

• Yes

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I don’t have idea

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
kkhg

kkhg

Jan 4, 2022
Such as this thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...and-ccp-can-suck-my-big-fat-juicy-cock.81089/

• Yay!
Reactions: Soul, Fragile and DeutscheKartoffel
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
It might be relevant to talk about politics here sometimes, mainly if it has to do with euthanasia/assisted dying laws and such.

But as for standard politics that have nothing to do with that, I would say best to avoid. It has no purpose here imo.

• Informative
Reactions: BittersweetSymphony, cyanol, YourNeighbor and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Idk, given lots of people of personality disorders here...

I've recently come across a thread where someone described my country as "a shit show" and my nation as "having despicable values", which is, on a place like that, completely weird. Now I'm not going to say it should be banned, but if you're a decent person, you know it's completely hollow and useless here.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: goldenvirginia, DeutscheKartoffel and NasiGoreng
eternalpeace

eternalpeace

Student
Dec 19, 2021
I don't see the harm, as long as purely political posts are kept to the "off-topic" forum and the debates don't get nasty.

Reactions: Chaestergram, Soul, DeutscheKartoffel and 1 other person
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Hell no.

This site is about SUPPORT. Once political views come into play, other than the aforementioned laws on suicide or euthanasia, that support erodes and we definitely have enough emotionally unstable and fragile individuals in here as is. No need to start a fire where the is tons of kindling.

That said, there are a billion options to take that shitshow. It definitely doesn't belong here though.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, demuic, milly and 3 others
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Generally politics should probably be avoided, however, there are many people here who come from dictatorships and other authoritarian countries, and it is perfectly reasonable for them to vent like in the post you linked.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, Fragile and DeutscheKartoffel
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
Why not?

This is the death waiting room right? So nothing is off limits ... sex, drugs and rock and roll ... politics - bring it on! Who the fuck cares ... We are dying after all!

Reactions: Ame, odradek, deflationary and 1 other person
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
You can literally go anywhere else to talk politics. It is crammed down our throats constantly. I would avoid it because there are too many who don't know how to have a respectful conversation.

Except the CCP post I think we can all agree on, lol. Maybe we can have a CCP bashing subforum or megathread.

Reactions: milly and DeutscheKartoffel
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
Why not?

This is the death waiting room right? So nothing is off limits ... sex, drugs and rock and roll ... politics - bring it on! Who the fuck cares ... We are dying after all!

I understand what you mean, and even though I or you? may not be hurt from anything people might say. We still have to keep in mind a lot of people here are fragile.

If we take an example. Someone is from Country A and have moved to another country and feel lonely because they don't feel like they belong in that country. If someone here make a post "Country A sucks, all the people in that country are worthless" And the purpose of this site is not to make people feel worse so they can kill themselves. A lot of people come here because they consider suicide. I'm not pro-life, I think everyone should be able to to choose, but at least I prefer to say things that make people feel better, not things that "push them over the edge" We have to keep in mind that there are people who come here and can't see any hope when there still might be hope.

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
again I'm gonna state this:

it's VERY political to discuss whether we ought to discuss politics in the first place.

now that's not to blame you. I don't want anyone to shut up on politics lol, when it literally runs our lives. there's no way we don't talk about it. every couple sentences anyone says, has got to do with some pressing issues with policy, oppression, social structures. if someone's managed to avoid it all around, they're just privileged enough to not need giving it a thought.

and most of everyone participates in suicide politics discussions here already. I don't understand what's with this that we gotta need a poll and a permission.

Reactions: Ame, Fragile, odradek and 2 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Sure, since this is the last decent place on the internet I think that we could talk about anything... as long as the discussion is civilized, of course.

Reactions: Soul, DeutscheKartoffel, little helpers and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
again I'm gonna state this:

it's VERY political to discuss whether we ought to discuss politics in the first place.

now that's not to blame you. I don't want anyone to shut up on politics lol, when it literally runs our lives. there's no way we don't talk about it. every couple sentences anyone says, has got to do with some pressing issues with policy, oppression, social structures. if someone's managed to avoid it all around, they're just privileged enough to not need giving it a thought.

and most of everyone participates in suicide politics discussions here already. I don't understand what's with this that we gotta need a poll and a permission.

And we know that this kind of discussion on sasu always ends up in constructive debates, greater minds and more happiness.

What's better than seeing people with personality disorders fight among themselves. It looks like a fight among disabled people, with the crowd around them.

Seriously, if you're decent you know that apart from venting, everything else will be useless shit and do more harm than good.

Hell no.

This site is about SUPPORT. Once political views come into play, other than the aforementioned laws on suicide or euthanasia, that support erodes and we definitely have enough emotionally unstable and fragile individuals in here as is. No need to start a fire where the is tons of kindling.

That said, there are a billion options to take that shitshow. It definitely doesn't belong here though.

Thanks

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: milly, NasiGoreng, justsayin and 1 other person
little helpers

little helpers

did I tie the tourniquet on my arm or on my neck?
Dec 14, 2021
And we know that this kind of discussion on sasu always ends up in constructive debates, greater minds and more happiness.

What's better than seeing people with personality disorders fight among themselves. It looks like a fight among disabled people, with the crowd around them.

Seriously, if you're decent you know that apart from venting, everything else will be useless shit and do more harm than good.

I lol'ed. you sound like the shrinks. don't even need to enroll in a PhD program. legendary. just wave your finger and now people with PDs are demonized and ableism has won. I highly suggest you pursue a career in psychiatry if you didn't already. Trump loves you. /s

Edit: just realized how damn constructive *your* comment is!! thanks!! /s

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: NasiGoreng and avoid_slow_death
DeutscheKartoffel

DeutscheKartoffel

Reclaiming my human rights & liberty thru suicide.
Dec 12, 2021
Such as this thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...and-ccp-can-suck-my-big-fat-juicy-cock.81089/
I hate to break it to you,
but both suicide and politics are high relevant and built on the principle of free speech,
which are principle we adhere to.

If your opinions of autocratic governments differs from mine, you are welcome to share your input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile, little helpers and kkhg
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I'm not interested in politics at all, but am 100% for free-speech. So if you feel like it, go at it.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Fragile and DeutscheKartoffel
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
That thread isn't politics, it's trufax. 🤷

But overall I think politics talk is fine as long as it's kept to criticizing regimes, politicians, and policies over the actual people discussing them. There was at one point going to be a politics subsection that was going to be added but I think political discussion overall on this site has mostly died down as of late since the 2020 US election. Even though this site is considered international, for some reason that ends up being a big deal to everyone.

Reactions: demuic and DeutscheKartoffel
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
I think we should, even though I generally don't on here anymore. It can be a difficult topic but as long as people keep their cool I think It's important to discuss and think on these issues. I'm also of the belief that most important topics will inevitably cross over with politics or policy at some point anyway, it's unavoidable.

The problem with political internet discussions nowadays is that everyone's media diet has become so balkanized that it's almost like people are debating from different realities. It's difficult to discuss complicated topics when disagreeing parties can't even agree on basic facts as a foundation for further discussion. But I still think it's essential. We live in a society and all that.

Reactions: Fragile, demuic, Ame and 1 other person
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I prefer avoiding it. I gave my opinion on abortion once and I regret it. As a progressive type person, when I see blatant racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia etc. I put them on ignore instead of trying to fight. I would say something elsewhere but not here. I think we're all struggling and suicidal here, I don't think this place should be about contention and finding The Truth.

Other people can be political if they want but I don't think it's productive.

Reactions: milly
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I see absolutely no reason why we should cower from political discussion in here, especially because politics and the state of our countries are a big part of the reason why some of us want to die. There's also the fact that bodily autonomy is inherently a political discussion in this day and age.

Besides, there's great value in a discussion where you are confronted with opposing ideals and views. I've learned a lot about the world and other people because of political discussions, it also changed my perception of several topics and I'm very glad about it.

Reactions: odradek, deflationary, demuic and 3 others
maakies

maakies

DOOK
Dec 7, 2021
A majority of us wouldn't be here right now if we lived in politically stability. It will never easy to talk about it. Whether you choose to participate in that kind of discussion is definitely a person-to-person basis.

Reactions: odradek, DeutscheKartoffel and Fragile
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I think all of us sometimes post stuff that can be construed as political even if we don't see it that way. If it gets overheated, it may need to be moderated, but we have excellent moderators.

Reactions: odradek and NumbItAll
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I personally would stay away from most politics unless it is something like fighting for people with terminal illnesses. Like right to die movements. I think getting into left and right wing ideology is simplistic and it is part of the reason why societies are so divided right now. The elites want to keep people fighting and distracted from their communities so that they can keep ruling over us with impunity. Saying that, say what you like. It's just an opinion.

Reactions: justsayin
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I think talking about suicide and recovery should come first before politics. I'm fine with politics as long as the discussion stays civil.