OutOfThisBody

OutOfThisBody

What kind of cruel god would put me in this body?
Aug 5, 2024
Title.

If your argument is that mean people can change - what if they don't want to change? What if they can't change?

pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
if that's sincerely their choice then it's their right to do so, unless they plan to commit suicide to escape from, say, having committed mass murder or anything similarly detestable. but most will probably view it as unfair if they've inflicted a great deal of pain onto others without seeking to absolve themselves first. assuming that they commit suicide in order to be unburdened by pain (and no other reason which might ostensibly called selfish by others), their decision, if non-impulsive, will meet the threshold for sufficient reason

• Informative
Reactions: OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
anopenwound

anopenwound

I̸'̷m̵ ̸g̶o̷i̶n̵g̷ ̶h̵o̶m̶e̶.̵
Jul 27, 2024
My mind says yes, my heart says no.

• Informative
Upvote 1
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
No, unless they made some crime which involves taking an innocent's life or anything equal to that.

• Informative
Upvote 0
dietcokecan

dietcokecan

The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be.
Jun 25, 2024
I want to ctb because I feel like I'm a bad person

• Hugs
Upvote 0
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Most people cannot be categorized as either bad or good and a lot of people have their moments where they can be mean. I'd prefer for people to just work on improving themselves to best of their abilities instead of killing themselves because they feel like they are a bad person.

Upvote 0
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I'm pro choice, so if they wish to ctb that should be their right. If not, then no.

Upvote 0
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
Well personally I don't think they deserve to take there own lives, and I'm talking genuinely evil people, if your just a general douchebag I don't have an opinion.

Upvote 0
T

ThisIsMe1357

Student
May 20, 2024
It should always be their and their choice only. By that I mean we as a society are not supposed to claim any general "They should" or "They should not". And that includes people who are truly horrible criminals and people who cannot change. The only general "should" in these cases is that they should be punished by law where applicable or locked up in prison to protect the society if necessary. Anything more can only be their personal choice based on how they feel, but it should not be morally required of them.

Reactions: Trav1989
Upvote 0
T

Trav1989

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
I don't have a say in other people's lives.
Yep, can't really decide what others should or shouldn't do because they aren't me. Just because I dislike what another person has or possibly will do doesn't mean I should have a say.

Upvote 0