D

davana

Sep 28, 2020
So, I thought today was the day. I had my bottle of SN ready. I opened it and, to my surprised, it didn't have a protector film inside the cap. The cap was flimsy, and I took the bottle out of the plastic it came with when it arrived, because I thought it would be fine as long as I didn't open the film. Well, now I think a lot of air must have come inside the bottle and not sure anymore if I have nitrate or nitrite. Does anyone know how long it takes to convert to nitrate? I couldn't find the info. I think I will need to buy one of this kits for aquarium to test the nitrate. I'm quite confused and that will delayed me even longer... :( What would happen if I drink SN that has started to transform into nitrate? Somewhere I read it won't do anything? Is that true?

Such a bummer...

Reactions: Uh huh
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Posting to follow thread.
Would opening and resealing the package (foil bag with airlock) ruin it???

D

davana

Sep 28, 2020
That's a good idea. I would like to know too!

K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Yes you should absolutely test it. This is not something you want to fuck up.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, dropdeadfred, Boart and 2 others
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
It depends on how long is it exposed to air I guess. Also don't keep the bottle exposed to sunlight ... Just opening and closing the bottle immediately couple of times should not ruin it IMO. Am happy to be corrected. Coz I have opened the bottle I plan to share with my partner couple of times to taste it ..

D

davana

Sep 28, 2020
It depends on how long is it exposed to air I guess. Also don't keep the bottle exposed to sunlight ... Just opening and closing the bottle immediately couple of times should not ruin it IMO. Am happy to be corrected. Coz I have opened the bottle I plan to share with my partner couple of times to taste it ..

I took it out of the plastic bag only a week ago. I only opened it yesterday and closed it right away. But, in any case, I'm going to follow Kruger advice and test it. It's ok to wait one more week after waiting for this long. I ordered yesterday an aquarium test. I will test it the day I plan to use it to be completely sure, Thanks!

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Testing it is always a good idea

Reactions: davana
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Did yours arrive from Russia? Thank you in advance.

D

davana

Sep 28, 2020
Did yours arrive from Russia? Thank you in advance.

No, not sure where it came from. It's a very typical brand many people here are getting. Easy to find in big retailers. Sorry for not being more specific

Reactions: dropdeadfred