Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Good. The only downside is that you will likely die a painful death earlier than most. I feel like that's not a bad tradeoff, but then I was never the smartest guy around.

• Yay!
Reactions: achromatic, looseye and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I wouldn't do it. The only reason I smoke is I got used to the habit a long time ago. It's just a way to waste a little bit of time, but doesn't really make you feel any better. It just brings about an earlier, unpleasant death as @Angst Filled Fuck Up said

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
Cigarettes? No

Weed? Maybe

People smoke for the happy chemicals and the deep breathing ironically. It's a survival tool really, like a shitty antidepressant. It's really a nasty habit and can do awful things to your body. It's more than cancer, it's very disruptive to the body in a lot of ways. If you haven't picked it up I wouldn't start now. I'm happy to have let it go.

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
No. I've been smoking a long time. Initially, it had some calming effects. Now, it really doesn't do much. You get used to nicotine pretty fast. It has some benefits, but it has more negatives, especially in the long run. I call it a slow suicide. When you're just trying to get through today, then you're not thinking about tomorrow. Smoking damages the lungs and airway. It makes you more susceptible to disease by ruining the natural cleaning systems of the throat and lungs. SO, even in the short term it's not a great idea. Being around long term smokers should be enough to let anyone understand that it's a damaging habit and one that is very addictive. If I'd have gotten help when I needed it, then I might never have gotten into self medicating. At least the doctor medications generally don't come with a craving.

How does it feel? Pretty good. I'm not going to lie. But, that's the trap. It's like asking if bait on a hook tastes good. For the lucky ones, they get sick the first time and never try it again.

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but this is the truth as I see it. As for that one other thing people smoke, I'd say it's roughly the same except nicotine doesn't impair function. That's also a part of why nicotine is so addictive. It can actually enhance concentration.

Reactions: Grav and Venus13
A

AbacusRex

Nov 10, 2022
I don't recommend it. As someone who does smoke it has helped me in certain times but its not worth it overall. It can also be expensive depending on where you live.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I'm not a smoker, I just wanted to mention the finding that smoking has been associated with a reduced risk for developing Parkinson's disease. I learned this the other day and it shocked me. A potential health *benefit* of smoking? Smokers may find this association refreshing. Of course, there's still the cancer and respiratory risks that come with smoking.

I can't advise you whether you should smoke. I personally hate it when people near me are smoking, but smoking of course may be done alone.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
If you're not a smoker you probably shouldn't start. I smoked until I was hospitalized with pneumonia for a week. Not sure where you live but the price of cigarettes is so much higher than when I smoked I look at them and wonder how people keep doing it. Throw in the "can't smoke indoors" and that's just an added pita that you don't need. There's really no upside to it.