S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
My family is horrible and I despise them. Sadly, people in society are only interested in successful people, not poor working people, so life is always lonely. I can't seem to find common ground with anyone. Some of it is partially due to my attitude, but even I get over that and out there, my lack of experience and unenviable situation makes it impossible. People don't give losers a break. My family is so egregious that they will always need every friend they can get. Do you cling on to things like cutting out "toxic people" even when it means you are left with nothing? Or do you just suck it up and go back to the toxic people. Life gives you lemons so you make the fucking lemonade, right?

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, GentleJerk and waitingforrest
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
Use them to climb out of your hole. If it'd just be constant dependency, then I don't know.

S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
Use them to climb out of your hole. If it'd just be constant dependency, then I don't know.
It would be climbing into another a deeper hole that I worked hard to climb out of. They are not safe. Almost nothing good could come from it

MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

šŸ‘»
Nov 5, 2020
I know nothing about your family, but it you are in a position to cut toxic people out of your life I'd recommend doing so nine times out of ten, blood be damned. If all being around them does is absolutely make you miserable then being around them is going to keep dragging you down. If you are still dependent on them in some other way, financial for example, then I don't know, but if there's no reason nor incentive to be around them then give them the axe.

Reactions: clown_17
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Angst Filled Fuck Up and Ashu
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
It would be climbing into another a deeper hole that I worked hard to climb out of. They are not safe. Almost nothing good could come from it
Then you already have your answer.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, Ashu, Sleepdrifter and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Ultimately, that decision is left up to you. In a ideal situation, I would always cut off people that are horrible to me, family or not, blood doesn't make them entitled to being in my life when we could be considered strangers to each other at most.

There are some family members I told that I never wanted to see them again, not even on their deathbed. Cold, but they didn't care about me so I just returned the favor to them.

But if I had to deal with toxic people, I keep my interactions minimal and ignore their presence and only answer in yes or no questions. Keeping a neutral face and tone the whole time and being "polite".

Sometimes it makes people really mad and start yelling at me, but I kind of horribly get some joy out of pissing them off by doing nothing. But in truth, in the past it really did hurt me when people yelled and put me down. But now I only care about the opinions of people that actually understand me.

All families are different in many ways, there is no right or wrong choice when choosing to cut ties or not. It just so happens that my choice to my family is to be a complete jerk and disown them, but it works for me not everyone.

Not the best advice for everyone. Just know that you don't have to do something if you don't want to.

Reactions: MellowAvenue
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
If all being around them does is absolutely make you miserable then being around them is going to keep dragging you down. If you are still dependent on them in some other way, financial for example, then I don't know, but if there's no reason nor incentive to be around them then give them the axe.
No, they don't support me, unless they get more in return, that's why I stopped bothering with them. I've become too much of an outcast to fit in socially though and my future is going through middle age and old age in isolation.
During lockdown nothing changed for me. My routine and life stayed the same. It's still the same. This is not changing unless I can think of a miracle

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
No, they don't support me, unless they get more in return, that's why I stopped bothering with them. I've become too much of an outcast to fit in socially though and my future is going through middle age and old age in isolation.
During lockdown nothing changed for me. My routine and life stayed the same. It's still the same. This is not changing unless I can think of a miracle
In what ways are you an outcast?

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
No friends or family left, literally no one. It's really tough
I have no friends either due to chronic illness. If I had no family I wouldn't last very long, I believe.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
S

Sleepdrifter

Student
Jun 22, 2020
I have no friends either due to chronic illness. If I had no family I wouldn't last very long, I believe.
Sorry to hear that. It must be very painful going through that. I am able-bodied though if that changed, there would be no one to count on. This sometimes feels troubling. We have to have at least someone around. I mean who goes around with no one at all. What if something happens