Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Water and Dirt
Aug 19, 2023
I have a job where I look after children for an hour everyday at school while waiting for their parents to pick them up.
If I ctb without telling anyone, those kids will have no one to look after them. It would be a huge bother for everyone, and I don't like that. But on the other hand I'm scared that if I quit my mom is gonna suspect something… Besides I don't really want to have to tell everyone I failed once again and feel like a useless sloth.

T

timetodie24

Paragon
Apr 14, 2023
Only you can decide what's best but I'd worry that then if it your attempt fails or you decide to not go through with it/postpone then you're left without a job and more problems. I think it's best to keep your options open and less pressure for you . As quitting may then put pressure on you to do it even if not ready.
Whether you suddenly quit and/or ctb , either way they're going to have to replace you and it'll make no difference to them. Cover is easily sorted through agencies until they find someone and companies generally waste no time in finding permanent replacements too.
I guess it just depends if you want to work or not in what might be your final days too.

Reactions: LifeQuitter
Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Water and Dirt
Aug 19, 2023
Only you can decide what's best but I'd worry that then if it your attempt fails or you decide to not go through with it/postpone then you're left without a job and more problems. I think it's best to keep your options open and less pressure for you . As quitting may then put pressure on you to do it even if not ready.
Whether you suddenly quit and/or ctb , either way they're going to have to replace you and it'll make no difference to them. Cover is easily sorted through agencies until they find someone and companies generally waste no time in finding permanent replacements too.
I guess it just depends if you want to work or not in what might be your final days too.
Wait you're so right I didn't of it this way, thanks for your insight !

Reactions: vampire2002 and timetodie24
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Can you take holiday? Personally, I would keep the option of the job open. If you left in your note that you wanted your employers to be informed asap- I think that would be responsible. They'd already have someone there covering your holiday presumably. Maybe they'd ask them to stay on while they sorted something out.

Reactions: vampire2002 and Ondine0000ff
Ondine0000ff

Ondine0000ff

Water and Dirt
Aug 19, 2023
I do
Can you take holiday? Personally, I would keep the option of the job open. If you left in your note that you wanted your employers to be informed asap- I think that would be responsible. They'd already have someone there covering your holiday presumably. Maybe they'd ask them to stay on while they sorted something out.
I do have two days of vacation each month! I think I will just take my days off to relax before ctb, thanks for the idea!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep