• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Press X to Bust

Press X to Bust

Mar 2, 2023
Dx708xwXcAIBQ7Y
Height: 120 feet (37 m)

How high does a jump have to be to give a guaranteed chance at success?

Reactions: BuranaPoe and immutable.variable
F

FireWalkWithMe

Experienced
Jun 18, 2022
Technically all jumps from height have a guaranteed "chance" of success. What they don't entail is guaranteed success. People have survived jumping out of a plane.

Supposedly, 46 metres or 150feet is 95-98% fatal on land according to the book "Suicide and Attempted Suicide" by Stone. So if that was my method, that seems a good height to approach it from. 37 metres? Probably a high percent chance but exactly what I'm not sure.

Reactions: BuranaPoe
Upvote 0
Yankey Doodle

Yankey Doodle

Mar 2, 2023
It can work, but it also can't work. Depending on how you land, if you were to land on your lower extremities, and with the picture I see is of probably being dirt on the ground, there's a chance you may survive due to the impact being cushioned by the dirt and you'll be in extreme pain and agony. Though, if you were to land head first, you'd probably go out instantly. This is my take it may be wrong, but it's an educated estimation.

Upvote 0
Caoine01

Caoine01

Experienced
Feb 23, 2023
If there is no immediate success, could it help to take blood thinners beforehand to shorten my suffering?

Upvote 0
L

lost&lonely

Jan 6, 2023
View attachment 105521
Height: 120 feet (37 m)

How high does a jump have to be to give a guaranteed chance at success?
That looks familiar.

I wouldn't personally choose that method because as others have said about it coming with a risk of not being fatal. I can't think of much worse than being depressed and then ending up in a wheelchair.

Upvote 0
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
doesn't look to me anywhere near high enough to kill you

Upvote 0
Fwompje

Fwompje

life is cruel and time heals nothing
Feb 23, 2023
If there is no immediate success, could it help to take blood thinners beforehand to shorten my suffering?
You don't necessarily bleed out because of jumping, it's more about how you land and what damage that does for you. If you want to bleed out you might as well try a different method. I'd say 100m is failproof. I've seen videos of people jumping from around 30m but they just become paralyzed if they survive, not necessarily open wounds.

Upvote 0
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
No.
Don't jump, is not worth it unless is a HUGE height.

Upvote 0
Lavander 230

Lavander 230

Student
Mar 3, 2023
DONT DO IT!
Will this work? probably not.
Does it have a chance to work? absolutely.
Anyways it's so unreliable you shouldn't even try it, and I'm fkin serious about it.

Upvote 0
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
If it's only 37 meters, those aren't exactly great odds.

I'd aim for 50+ meters minimum, or ideally 100+ meters. If you have the means to travel far, some coastal cliffs can exceed 100 meters.

Reactions: SenseOfLoss
Upvote 0
Press X to Bust

Press X to Bust

Mar 2, 2023
Thank you for the replies everyone. Right now I'm looking into SN as an alternative and am having trouble finding a supplier here in the UK.

Reactions: Endex
Upvote 0
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
"should I jump" is such an odd question to ask. In my opinion no person should jump from height, ever. It's too drastic, to painful an there's too huge risk of surviving with a great damage. I also believe that every adult able to make decisions about their own life should be allowed to end such life. I don't believe that a person close enough to sanity to be able to make decisions would chose this method, unless the alternative would be dying worse death, for example people who jumped from WTC.
This thread just sounds like a bait.

Upvote 0
Press X to Bust

Press X to Bust

Mar 2, 2023
"should I jump" is such an odd question to ask. In my opinion no person should jump from height, ever. It's too drastic, to painful an there's too huge risk of surviving with a great damage. I also believe that every adult able to make decisions about their own life should be allowed to end such life. I don't believe that a person close enough to sanity to be able to make decisions would chose this method, unless the alternative would be dying worse death, for example people who jumped from WTC.
This thread just sounds like a bait.
I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on jumping as a method, and what they thought of the location.

Reactions: bridgegirl
Upvote 0
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on jumping as a method, and what they thought of the location.
Nice location to enjoy the views, but the rules of this forum clearly state that you shouldn't be told to take any ACTIONS by other users. It is your choice.

Reactions: Press X to Bust
Upvote 0
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Mmm could work. Approximately 13 or 14 storeys high. The minimum to jump is 10 floors. While falling from a building, our body tries to stand upright but falling head first is ideal.
I hope you find a solution other than death, friend.

PS: the place is quite nice! where are you from? it's like "rural gothic".

Upvote 0
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
Well, I stood on an observation tower at a height of 36 m and it was really dizzying and scary as f… I have read many reports where the suicides jumped from a height between 10 and 42 m, mostly from a height of 30-35 m, and all - except one - died on the spot. I think the probability is high, but there is no guarantee. That was the reason why I didn't jump either.

Upvote 0
immutable.variable

immutable.variable

Feb 28, 2023
Mmm could work. Approximately 13 or 14 storeys high. The minimum to jump is 10 floors. While falling from a building, our body tries to stand upright but falling head first is ideal.
I hope you find a solution other than death, friend.

PS: the place is quite nice! where are you from? it's like "rural gothic".
The location is actually by me. I'd shared it with X here as a potential partner situation.

Reactions: Press X to Bust
Upvote 0
crowbait

crowbait

they/them
Oct 4, 2022
I think that it depends on how you land, and it's extremely hard to try and land a certain way, I don't think it's very feasible. Also lots of other factors. People have survived jumping out of planes. To be honest I would work on a safer and more reliable method because if this fails, which it has a good chance of, you will be in such inconceivable pain and agony and will be disabled for life and then it'll be 90% harder to find a way to off yourself then. I understand it sucks having to stay around longer to do that, and having to spend money on supplies, but if this doesn't work there is a good chance you would be so fucked for life that you won't be able to try again.

Upvote 0
listless

listless

wandering
Mar 1, 2023
im considering jumping as my plan too, personally i would go as high as humanly possible and would prefer somewhere with jagged rocks, cuz i want to be in nature. by my criteria i would not choose that place, not high enough and looks like you would land on dirt, but its your life. just do a lot of research on jumping and the various success rates depending on location. i also would ideally fall backwards over the ledge so i would hopefully hit my head.

Upvote 0