Wakawaka

Wakawaka

Student
Dec 10, 2020
I havent been diagnosed with anything because none of the doctors would talk/listen/believe me when we spoke

Regardless i've been on 3 or so different ssri's, the only one i remember is prozac

When i take ssri's I can generally feel the effect within a hour. This can range from feeling nothing (as in they didnt seem to do anything), sometimes i might feel what I would describe as normal and generally less depressed than normal, often i feel like my emotions are being suppressed, like Im really upset about something but I cant express that emotion and its honestly aggravating. sometimes they cause suidical episodes. sometimes i just become uncaring and act like an asshole to my friends

I dont remember the other 2 but this doctor gave me this one ssri (maybe started with a s?) and i immediately got muscle spasms and had to stop. since then i stopped taking ssris but im so tired of feeling like this everyday. I tried taking over the counter mood stabilizers and they almost react the same as ssris. sometimes it doesnt feel like anything, sometimes i feel like im not allowed to feel how I should feel about whats happening around me, sometimes the mood stabilzers make me a bit manic

My partner cant deal with my depression. not in the sense that im ruining the relationship but that me just being depressed seems to make them not want to be around me, that issue aside, i think we're about to break up, i took some mood stabilizers before the conversation(im on day2 of taking them) and i dont really feel anything about it really. im sure when it wheres off i'll feel awful about potentially losing someone i love.

I dont understand what im supposed to do anymore. im thinking about ctb this week. i used to drink heavily but cut back. i wanted to replace it with smoking since my partner smokes hookah but, why bother if we wont be together anymore

Last edited:
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If you're planning on quitting your meds, just make sure not to stop taking them suddenly! The consequences might be terrible!
Just leave them little by little.

Wakawaka

Wakawaka

Student
Dec 10, 2020
If you're planning on quitting your meds, just make sure not to stop taking them suddenly! The consequences might be terrible!
Just leave them little by little.
im not actually on any meds(prescription)

i havent taken an ssri in maybe 3 years, i just started taking mood stabilizers yesterday so im not to worried about coming off them

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
There are also many other groups of antidepressants SNRIs, wellbutrin, mirtazapinetc. I'd advise you to try and find a psychiatrist who listens to you and don't give up on antidepressants just yet, they can be lifesaving.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
im not actually on any meds

i havent taken an ssri in maybe 3 years, i just started taking mood stabilizers yesterday so im not to worried about coming off them

Oh I see.
Yes, if you started just yesterday it's okay.

I used to hate meds but my new psych gave me some which are really working. (I suffer from bipolar disorder type I and I'm taking quetiapine, bupropion and lamotrigine)

Wakawaka

Wakawaka

Student
Dec 10, 2020
Oh I see.
Yes, if you started just yesterday it's okay.

I used to hate meds but my new psych gave me some which are really working. (I suffer from bipolar disorder type I and I'm taking quetiapine, bupropion and lamotrigine)
how have those been working for you?

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
how have those been working for you?

Yes, these are working but before this, I was taking some meds which really fuc*ed me up! (lorazepam, risperidone and aripiprazol)

• Love
Reactions: Wakawaka