Stepheng7287

Stepheng7287

Faster We Run, And We Die Young
Aug 29, 2020
I use the same Gmail address for everything I do online, including this forums. (Stupid I know)
Should I delete my Google account before I CTB? I don't want my death being linked to this forums but the only problem is my payslips get sent to this email address along with any other important email. If I don't end up going through with it I'm kind of fucked as I'll have to start from scratch.
Would signing out of Google and resetting my phone/laptop be enough? Is this something I even need to worry about?

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Hopeindeath! and botanormal
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Set-up another account...maybe yahoo.
Go into settings and change SS notifications to new account.

Reactions: AutoTap, lobster salad, Meditation guide and 8 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
If you get email notifications from this forum, you can go into your profile's settings and turn that off. You can permanently delete the notifications that you've received in your email from the forum.

Edit: like @Worndown said, you can always set up another email account for the forum specifically if you don't want your current account to have any association with this site.

Reactions: Ghost2211, botanormal, demuic and 3 others
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
The above advice is good, I'd suggest you go on a laptop/computer and search for 'suicide' and delete anything that has that word. Also there are often deleted folders, so empty that one too

Reactions: Ghost2211, botanormal, Stepheng7287 and 1 other person
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
If you want to make it more secure, try setting up two-step verification on your account, so it'll make it harder for anyone to log in that isn't you. Also, if you've saved your password on your browser, consider clearing that too. And as you said, remember to log out on all of your devices. Hopefully that should be enough, it's not the best idea to delete it like you've said because your payslips are sent there, plus if you use the same email for everything you don't want to lose all of your accounts you have connected to it. The advice above is also good too, that should be enough to keep everything pretty safe. :hug:

Reactions: Midnight-rain, lobster salad, Ghost2211 and 2 others
BrugmansiaFreak

BrugmansiaFreak

Still playing with the matrix (?) Who knows
Jul 5, 2020
Wake up, young man, it's time to wake up

• Wow
Reactions: Stepheng7287 and Meditation guide