• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
So this weekend I was knocking about with a chap who was a member of a shotgun club (UK). He was saying that he knew a lot of chaps that had tried to CTB with their shotguns and nearly all had failed due to the kick of the gun blowing off most of their face but not going through the head.
I found this helpful.
Peace friends.
DBD

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, enjolras, Marawa and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Did most of those people put the shotgun under their chin? That is NOT the way to ctb via a shotgun or any gun for the matter (TiredHorse would agree with me on this very very much).

As far as recoil is concerned, it shouldn't be an issue as the person would be dead almost instantly after the bullet leaves the muzzle of the barrel. Another thing to consider is when pulling the trigger, not to anticipate the recoil or flinch when pulling it. This would result in the barrel moving right before the gun goes off, thus hitting other parts of the head (non-fatal) and the chance of failure goes up.

The proper way to CTB via a shotgun (or any long gun for the matter) is to put the barrel in the mouth, aimed at the brainstem (ideally) or close to the back of the head, ensuring the chances of a successful CTB. It can be achieved by tilting one's head down a bit and putting the barrel as far back into the mouth as possible (while sitting down).

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Valsalva, x-Ace-x and 9 others
R

retarddd

Aug 10, 2018
Did most of those people put the shotgun under their chin? That is NOT the way to ctb via a shotgun or any gun for the matter (TiredHorse would agree with me on this very very much).

As far as recoil is concerned, it shouldn't be an issue as the person would be dead almost instantly after the bullet leaves the muzzle of the barrel. Another thing to consider is when pulling the trigger, not to anticipate the recoil or flinch when pulling it. This would result in the barrel moving right before the gun goes off, thus hitting other parts of the head (non-fatal) and the chance of failure goes up.
this, never put the gun under your chin, that's a great way to fail

Reactions: Valsalva, Tharik77, x-Ace-x and 5 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Agree with @thrw_a_way1221221 if they failed they put the shotgun under the chin and aimed in a 90 degree angle so they just blew their face off, if you put the shotgun barrel in your mouth and aim at the brain you will die 100% no one survives blowing their brains out.

Reactions: Valsalva, Tharik77, Marawa and 1 other person
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I didn't quiz him too much as I didn't know him really well and didn't want the tone to swing in a wierd way.
That said he also suggested that those who sucked on the barrel also had a high failure rate. I don't know if that's true, just what the guy said.
I'm sure those who have looked at this method have done their homework.
Peace.
DBD

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Oh another thing is also the ammo that is used and the angle at which the person placed the barrel in the mouth. I personally wouldn't use anything less than 00 buckshot, and while there are bird shot rounds that are successful, placement is also important, especially with a light load (even #4 birdshot requires good placement to be super effective). Then finally, the flinching is also another factor to consider, even with the barrel in the mouth, because if they flinch and moved the barrel before the gun goes off, there is still a chance of hitting the frontal part of the brain instead of the back part of it.

Also, yes I've done my homework along with practice runs (dry firing and positioning) as to ensure that if I do ever come to use it, that I will be successful (including mustering the courage to overcome the SI). I would have ctb'd with this method May 2019 had I not had a small recovery a few weeks ago.

Reactions: LastFlowers, siray, Marawa and 1 other person
O

OneCFS

Mar 24, 2019
I didn't quiz him too much as I didn't know him really well and didn't want the tone to swing in a wierd way.
That said he also suggested that those who sucked on the barrel also had a high failure rate. I don't know if that's true, just what the guy said.
I'm sure those who have looked at this method have done their homework.
Peace.
DBD
Is this a method you're considering DBD? It's something I have put research into but ideally someone with me would be preferred to ensure the job is done.

Reactions: Marawa and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Is this a method you're considering DBD? It's something I have put research into but ideally someone with me would be preferred to ensure the job is done.
Hey brother, no this isn't the one for me. It's too violent and I'm in the UK and for me it would be very hard to get a shotgun with my history.
If you are choosing this way I do not judge and I hope you find what you're looking for.
DBD

Reactions: Valsalva, Marawa and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
This is why I have decided not to use the shotgun method... I've seen the pictures of people who failed and it's a horrible sight

Reactions: Marawa and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I can't even get a gun in my country.

Reactions: Smashingairwaves and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
What country do you live in? Is it possible to move to a different country (one with looser gun laws) or does your country allow euthanasia or have more progressive laws in regards to assisted suicide? If those aren't possible, then another method would need to be considered.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018

I don't care if you live in a country with extremely strict gun laws. You can always get a gun if you look in the right places.

As for OP. Make sure to aim in the right spot and you will die 100%. Do it wrong and you could experience a terrible death. I've seen videos of guys where their face literally exploded off, but yet they were still alive and fully conscious.

Reactions: Soon4me and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
I don't care if you live in a country with extremely strict gun laws. You can always get a gun if you look in the right places.
True, but that also may be equally difficult (or more difficult) and even risky, possibly scammed, caught in a sting, or worse. I don't really recommend the 'illegal' route unless someone is really, really desperate and have already tried to obtain it legitimately but failed to.

Reactions: autumnal, LastFlowers, Smashingairwaves and 4 others
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
So, 00 buck is better than a slug? More forgiving on accuracy?

Reactions: Valsalva
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
I just what the throw this out they how about rigging the shotgun shell to go of out side the gun . What mean is like put a fuss on it put the shell in your mouth light the fuss and well you know what :) the shell is often made from plastic so it should go of like a hand grand?? Yes / no / maybe? Just a thort :)

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I just what the throw this out they how about rigging the shotgun shell to go of out side the gun . What mean is like put a fuss on it put the shell in your mouth light the fuss and well you know what :) the shell is often made from plastic so it should go of like a hand grand?? Yes / no / maybe? Just a thort :)
No. A cartridge, be it shotgun or rifle/pistol does not explode if it is ignited outside the chamber of a gun, or something replicating it.
There is a bit of a whoosh, and the bullet or shot is ejected with very little energy, a bullet being incapable of even penetrating a cardboard box. It's all a bit technical to explain briefly, but one of the gun nuts on the site will come along and be delighted to elaborate.
So this weekend I was knocking about with a chap who was a member of a shotgun club (UK). He was saying that he knew a lot of chaps that had tried to CTB with their shotguns and nearly all had failed due to the kick of the gun blowing off most of their face but not going through the head.
I found this helpful.
Peace friends.
DBD
Nonsense, I'm afraid.
Shotgun to the head is almost invariably fatal, although the "blown off face and survived" scenario is a rare possibility.
As to the grade of shot, birdshot or buckshot or whatever, again this is a bit of a red herring. Pellets travel in a concentrated mass for a meter or so before starting to spread, so the pellet size is effectively irrelevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Righttodie and TiredHorse
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Nonsense, I'm afraid.
No, sadly not nonsense. Failure rate with long guns is higher than expected for just the reason @thrw_a_way1221221 described: bad aim. People are squeamish about placing the muzzle in their mouths, which is as certain of fatality as you describe, so they position the muzzle under their chin, pointing straight up. The concentrated mass of pellets travel vertically, blowing off the idiot's face and sometimes a portion of their frontal lobe. @Stillnotsure, a paramedic, described one horrific call where they arrived a couple hours after an attempted shotgun suicide to find a fellow crawling around his garage, conscious and alive but with his face blown off.

I will also add that a metalic cartridge lighting off outside a chamber goes off with a lot more than a "whoosh" --they're bloody loud, in fact, as I discovered when melting down a friend's poorly-sorted reclaimed lead-- but I expect the plastic hull of a shotgun shell doesn't allow as much pressure to build up first. But to agree with you in principle, even a metalic cartridge would be insufficient, on its own, to CTB as the OP hypothesizes.

Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018
Nonsense, I'm afraid.
Shotgun to the head is almost invariably fatal, although the "blown off face and survived" scenario is a rare possibility.
As to the grade of shot, birdshot or buckshot or whatever, again this is a bit of a red herring. Pellets travel in a concentrated mass for a meter or so before starting to spread, so the pellet size is effectively irrelevant.
[/QUOTE]

What @TiredHorse said. Misses are very common with any caliber but especially with long guns such as shotguns and rifles. It's an awkward angle to get right and still be able to pull the trigger. Don't believe me? YouTube face transplants, most of the people getting those remarkable surgeries are unsuccessful suicide attempts by gun. Enjoy.

Reactions: TAW122
G

Ghostmedic

May 18, 2020
Nonsense, I'm afraid.

Don't believe me? YouTube face transplants, most of the people getting those remarkable surgeries are unsuccessful suicide attempts by gun. Enjoy.
[/QUOTE]

Any actual data to support this?
...and your claim that " 'most youtube videos of face transplants' are from attempted CTB failed via gunshot wound to the head" is not actual data because you said so.
So no... I dont believe you. It seems like you thought you would make an unfounded claim about face transplants because maybe you watched something on YouTube about plastic surgery, so the half assed thought formed in your little brain, the. You decided to find the most condescending scaremongering way to present this half baked lie to someone looking for real answers and real solutions and real advisories... useful ones. You figured after you frighten the other poster enough, the implication that he's somehow ignorant AND will end up suffering a lot if he disagrees with you should keep him quiet long enough to let you post bullshit with impunity right?
What I do know is true is, GSW to the head has the highest success rate of any CTB method... substantially. GSW to the head CTB over 99% success.
GSW to the head is the largest contributing category to successful CTB in the United States
And just on a common sense track, if I didn't know anything, and numbers hurt my head so all this 99% jargon is rocket science to me and I just cant understand it. What I can understand is if I was in a room with someone and they pulled out a loaded gun to their head (and pretty much any gun wouldn't change my bet in this scenario), arbitrarily let's say they pulled out a Springfield XD9 9mm and chambered a round and put the barrel to their temple - then said: " all your money bet whether I live or die when I pull the trigger. Place your bets." Anyobe with common sense will bet that he's going to die when he shoots himself in the head at point blank range. You aren't going to change that bet bc he's not using a 45, or because he put it to his temple instead if in his mouth... you aren't even goi g to ask him "wait tell us what ammo you are using" because if he says "hollowpoints" the safe bet bnb is: he dies. If he answers "standard ammunition" the safe bet is, you guessed it: he dies.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020

The proper way to CTB via a shotgun (or any long gun for the matter) is to put the barrel in the mouth, aimed at the brainstem (ideally) or close to the back of the head, ensuring the chances of a successful CTB. It can be achieved by tilting one's head down a bit and putting the barrel as far back into the mouth as possible (while sitting down).
So if you were sitting in a chair and were to tilt you head down as if trying to put your chin onto your chest and then taking the shotgun/rifle and putting into your mouth sp that the barrel of the gun is perpendicular to the floor, would that be the correct angle to get the brain stem? Im hoping I have explained myself clearly?

Reactions: Valsalva
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I don't understand the question. It reads as if you don't know the answer regarding anatomical markers in your oral cavity that can point to the brainstem.

Are you intentionally phrasing it as a "gotcha" type question to the poster?

Reactions: autumnal
Suez

Suez

Experienced
Feb 27, 2020
I don't understand the question. It reads as if you don't know the answer regarding anatomical markers in your oral cavity that can point to the brainstem.

Are you intentionally phrasing it as a "gotcha" type question to the poster?
Sorry, no, not at all. While i have used fireams before, I dont know the best way to hold them especially in the case where you have to thik about things like flinching etc and Im trying to think how it would look if i was sitting in a chair and trying to position myself with say a rifle and holding it perpindicular to the floor, would that angle be relative to where your brainstem (or i guess the bottom of the brainstem ) would be ? Im not sure if im saying this correctly?
Sorry, no, not at all. While i have used fireams before, I dont know the best way to hold them especially in the case where you have to thik about things like flinching etc and Im trying to think how it would look if i was sitting in a chair and trying to position myself with say a rifle and holding it perpindicular to the floor, would that angle be relative to where your brainstem (or i guess the bottom of the brainstem ) would be ? Im not sure if im saying this correctly?
I know that there was a thread posted once where someone actually showed a great picture of a head and the angles at which you would position a rifle say if you were sitting, if the barrel of the gun was in your mouth and what the angle would look like. Im just trying to think how that would look if your the person with the gun, how to create that angle to be as close as possible to get the brainstem. I really am trying to find the best way to get that accuracy, for instance looking in a mirror whilst holding the gun to see whether you have the angle as close to what you think it should be, but that would only work once you know that the angle you have is correct. Maybe i will look at the resources and see if I can find that picture to see if it came from there.

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
FYI this post is almost a year old so may not get answers of responses from previous members on the thread.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Take out an anatomy text, look at a sagital section of the head (preferably mri) and note the position of the medulla relative to hard and soft palate (and limit of jaw opening). Using these markers, you should be able to easily see (and feel) a path. In this manner, you can find the appropriate angle.

Last edited:
M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
someone posted a video awhile back of a guy in Russia using a shotgun. He held it out to the side and pulled the trigger.

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Regarding that video, the angle was far from ideal, and the individual is lucky shotguns or rifles can sometimes cause significant or complete decerebation (ejection of the brain). Otherwise it would have been far from ideal. For every video or photo like that, one can post a picture of a living individual sans face.

The purpose, in any discussion here , is hopefully working towards optimization and certainty.

Reactions: autumnal and Winston
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
[...] For every video or photo like that, one can post a picture of a living individual sans face. [...]

'Sans face'. Love it! :smiling:

Also this:

iu

Reactions: Aap
Winston

Winston

May 7, 2020
iu

LOL that duck didn't aim for the Golden Zone! Next time I hope he'll do his research on SS.

Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
I have not done the research but live in a place where guns are practically handed out in vending machines (Texas, USA). Most of the kinds of things my acquaintances have are powerful enough to blast parts of you into orbit. Everyone has high powered deer rifles which you often learn are part of accidental deaths in cleanings. They're typically 0.306 or 0.308. but the rifles are long and getting it aimed at you would probably be awkward. I would think that these aimed through the mouth at the back of the brain stem would be completely instantly lethal. I've also seen what buckshot does to stuff at close range and while I can't speak for the damage from under the chin to the face, I would have to imagine there would be very little left of a human brain if it were aimed through the mouth.

Our pistols in 44 magnum I would think could make an exit wound the size of a dinner plate if aimed through the mouth at the brain stem and hollow point. I realize that this type of weapon is hard to get in other locations but here people wear it strapped to their hip on the way to dinner.

Firearm isn't my preferred method of catching the bus but I am certain that doing it the right way has a very high success rate since the tool is designed to kill.
The brain stem is anatomically obviously at the base. There is not a bone between the back of the soft palette at the top of your throat . Feel the base of the back of your skull where the very top bump of your spine makes a juncture with the bottom of your skull. Just above and inside of this is your brain stem. Picture a line from the top back of your throat to that spot. It parallels your jaw. Using a bullet or gun projectile such as a slug or buckshot directly along that line is where damage of sufficient caliber will tear the brain function from every major neurological component. Complete damage to this is actually part of how long drop hanging dislocates the spine from the brain stem which is the immediate death from that type of hanging (not suffocation).

Attachments

• brain stem with arrow.jpg
    brain stem with arrow.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: LastRide and Winston
LastRide

LastRide

Specialist
Jan 23, 2020
I have not done the research but live in a place where guns are practically handed out in vending machines (Texas, USA). Most of the kinds of things my acquaintances have are powerful enough to blast parts of you into orbit. Everyone has high powered deer rifles which you often learn are part of accidental deaths in cleanings.
Our pistols in 44 magnum I would think could make an exit wound the size of a dinner plate if aimed through the mouth at the brain stem and hollow point. I realize that this type of weapon is hard to get in other locations but here people wear it strapped to their hip on the way to dinner.
Can I move to Texas please ? I am a long-time gun owner so I would qualify I guess ! In Europe everyone gives you bizarre looks if you start even talking about your guns - let alone show them to people, then they run away screaming !