• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Anónimo

Anónimo

Student
Oct 15, 2021
Can shoelaces work for partial anchored to a door hinge? Will it work? Will it leave marks on my neck? Will it break?

E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
Coming from a person who has tried partial like 15 times, you have about a 90% chance of NOT succeeding. Partial is hard.

Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, Citruscine, Someone123 and 2 others
Bong-Hit-Transplant

Bong-Hit-Transplant

May 11, 2021
Coming from a person who has tried partial like 15 times, you have about a 90% chance of NOT succeeding. Partial is hard.
I obviously haven't attempted, but what about partial makes it so hard that you've had that much trouble succeeding?

It's my method of choice for an unchosen future date, and after a few months of occasional practicing I can make myself pass out from a doorknob pretty consistently. I obviously can't practice by actually tying it to the doorknob, so I've just been looping it over and holding on to it. Part of me is afraid that there'll be some unseen consequence from actually tying it on when the day comes, but it honestly mostly seems like it'd be easier.

And to answer your question OP, if you can consistently find the sweet spot and make yourself pass out while practicing, the only other thing I'd worry about is the string breaking.

May I ask why you're not using a more robust ligature? An actual rope would give me much more peace of mind.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and jusbug
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
I obviously haven't attempted, but what about partial makes it so hard that you've had that much trouble succeeding?

It's my method of choice for an unchosen future date, and after a few months of occasional practicing I can make myself pass out from a doorknob pretty consistently. I obviously can't practice by actually tying it to the doorknob, so I've just been looping it over and holding on to it. Part of me is afraid that there'll be some unseen consequence from actually tying it on when the day comes, but it honestly mostly seems like it'd be easier.

And to answer your question OP, if you can consistently find the sweet spot and make yourself pass out while practicing, the only other thing I'd worry about is the string breaking.

May I ask why you're not using a more robust ligature? An actual rope would give me much more peace of mind.
First off, the claim "you don't need much pressure to pass out" is bs. Second of all, it hurts, a lot.
Out of the roughly 15 attemps I've had, I consider only 1 being "pretty close" to succeeding. Maybe hanging isn't for me.

𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆

𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆

Mommy?
Mar 8, 2022
Is very easy to back out and you can also feel that you head is exploding.

Reactions: waitingforrest
Bong-Hit-Transplant

Bong-Hit-Transplant

May 11, 2021
First off, the claim "you don't need much pressure to pass out" is bs. Second of all, it hurts, a lot.
Out of the roughly 15 attemps I've had, I consider only 1 being "pretty close" to succeeding. Maybe hanging isn't for me.
How much did you practice? I find when I get the rope right on the sweet spot, it's a few seconds of lightly lowering myself down and I'm almost completely blind.
Is very easy to back out and you can also feel that you head is exploding.
I really feel like this is also a result of not practicing. If you were feeling pressure in your head, then you were putting too much pressure on your jugular and not enough on your carotid arteries.

I'm not trying to sound defensive; I just think partial can be a really accessible and peaceful option for people if you practice and do it correctly.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, cyanol, jusbug and 1 other person
E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
How much did you practice? I find when I get the rope right on the sweet spot, it's a few seconds of lightly lowering myself down and I'm almost completely blind.

I really feel like this is also a result of not practicing. If you were feeling pressure in your head, then you were putting too much pressure on your jugular and not enough on your carotid arteries.

I'm not trying to sound defensive; I just think partial can be a really accessible and peaceful option for people if you practice and do it correctly.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't make it fucking work.

Reactions: rationaltake
Bong-Hit-Transplant

Bong-Hit-Transplant

May 11, 2021
Can I ask what type of rope you're using? It's still really hard to find the sweet spot using a good one, but if you're using one that's too big/small or one with too much friction, you're just fighting an uphill battle.

Reactions: waitingforrest
𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆

𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐮 ☆

Mommy?
Mar 8, 2022
I don't know if a door hinge could work, maybe a closet might be better. Yes it will leave marks even bed sheets do temporary. I don't think that the laces will break, I regularly use them for my drum on parts that require a lot of force (snare stained) but regardless of how strong it can be, I found thin ropes very uncomfortable, so it might be a better idea to find something else.
Can shoelaces work for partial anchored to a door hinge? Will it work? Will it leave marks on my neck? Will it break?

Definitely, the first time was terrible, but it became less painful after practice, the only thing I find uncomfortable now is my throat feeling a bit itchy

E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
Can I ask what type of rope you're using? It's still really hard to find the sweet spot using a good one, but if you're using one that's too big/small or one with too much friction, you're just fighting an uphill battle.
Shoelaces, tried it with a tablet charger a few times too.

Fre_diE

Fre_diE

Meh. I'm over it
Mar 14, 2022
Can I ask what type of rope you're using? It's still really hard to find the sweet spot using a good one, but if you're using one that's too big/small or one with too much friction, you're just fighting an times too.
Will a bdsm 1/3 " rope hold a 105lb person at full hang? Or would partial be better? I lean towards full suspension is cause it has to work Ctb the 1st time there is no room for error

E

Ednospatient

Arcanist
Sep 2, 2021
How do I apply pressure to the sides of my neck without crushing my trachea? It seems impossible

Bong-Hit-Transplant

Bong-Hit-Transplant

May 11, 2021
Shoelaces, tried it with a tablet charger a few times too.
Wow, yeah, i'd definitely start there. You can get a 1/4" to 1/2" nylon or polyester rope at most Walmarts or outdoor stores.

If you can get a cotton bdsm rope online that's even better, but mostly unnecessary.

Will a bdsm 1/3 " rope hold a 105lb person at full hang? Or would partial be better? I lean towards full suspension is cause it has to work Ctb the 1st time there is no room for error
Almost definitely, but full suspension would be pretty easy to test. Just tie it somewhere and put all your weight on it.

Can I ask why you're against partial? Full suspension will most likely be painful, and you're likely to feel like you're choking in your final moments. It's not like it works better than partial either. Partial just allows you to be more scientific with where you place the pressure.

Fre_diE

Fre_diE

Meh. I'm over it
Mar 14, 2022
Wow, yeah, i'd definitely start there. You can get a 1/4" to 1/2" nylon or polyester rope at most Walmarts or outdoor stores.

If you can get a cotton bdsm rope online that's even better, but mostly unnecessary.

Almost definitely, but full suspension would be pretty easy to test. Just tie it somewhere and put all your weight on it.

Can I ask why you're against partial? Full suspension will most likely be painful, and you're likely to feel like you're choking in your final moments. It's not like it works better than partial either. Partial just allows you to be more scientific with where you place the pressure.
I need steps on the science of partial since I don't know how like i said its got to work

Bong-Hit-Transplant

Bong-Hit-Transplant

May 11, 2021
I need steps on the science of partial since I don't know how like i said its got to work
The thread in the resource compilation is a good place to start. Also, even if it "doesn't work", you can literally just reposition and try again. It's pretty low risk (unless you get caught after passing out, then you might get revived with brain damage, but that's true for full too anyways)
How do I apply pressure to the sides of my neck without crushing my trachea? It seems impossible
Making sure the slipknot is tied correctly and is properly cinching tighter as you put more pressure on it / the volume of your neck gets smaller. Also, it's not really the "sides" of your neck, make sure you know where your carotid arteries are.

But like I said, get a proper rope first. It'll probably be really painful no matter what you try using such thin ligatures.

Last edited:
DontplayGod

DontplayGod

She/her
Feb 6, 2022
Wondering if pain tolerance is different for everyone with partial, when I attempted it was somewhat uncomfortable but not painful for me.

F

FogFilledLife

Student
Jan 6, 2022
Spent a bit over an hour trying with an actual rope without success, a shoelace would no doubt be much harder.
Not painful for me at all, just slight pinch. Hurt more to stop than do it.
Wondering if pain tolerance is different for everyone with partial, when I attempted it was somewhat uncomfortable but not painful for me.

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I couldn't make it work either. I don't know if that was for physical or psychological reasons.