Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
So, I decided to see a therapist in the hopes that maybe there was a little light at the end of that tunnel. Here is what happened. I had been seeing her for a couple months (I was extremely depressed). She asked me during one session what would be the "thing" that would push me over the edge (ctb). I told her if I lost my job or my cat. So about two weeks later (I was seeing her once a week), I lost my job. I contacted her all day Thursday and Friday and left messages over the weekend. What did I get??? Crickets - not a fucking thing no return calls, no texts - absolutely nothing. So I turned her ass into the state and complained about her. Well, they have a hearing (I was NOT allowed to go). The results ???? She did NOTHING wrong - they dropped my complaint. The state I live in is sooooooooooooooo fucked up. A huge part of why I am going to ctb. I can't move (money) and I can't live here. What do you all think of what this therapist did?

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: msocks and LateForTheBus
LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
Wow. I'm so sorry that happened to you. There's no excuse for her lack of action. And I don't understand how they could have a hearing and not allow you to attend. How do they justify a therapist completely ignoring a patient essentially in crisis??

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Wow. I'm so sorry that happened to you. There's no excuse for her lack of action. And I don't understand how they could have a hearing and not allow you to attend. How do they justify a therapist completely ignoring a patient essentially in crisis??
Thank you for your input. I live in a horrible state - you wouldn't believe what these people get away with. It's pushed me to a point where I can't be here anymore. I feel invisible, as if I don't count

msocks

msocks

Apr 26, 2023
Wow that's awful. Whether she's one provider in an organization or independent, resources for a crisis situation should have been shared with you at the first appointment just in case she wasn't available. Because shit happens. She should know that.

Kudos to you for standing up for yourself and reporting her even if the state did fuck all. šŸ’œ

• Love
Reactions: LateForTheBus
LateForTheBus

LateForTheBus

Experienced
Feb 7, 2023
Thank you for your input. I live in a horrible state - you wouldn't believe what these people get away with. It's pushed me to a point where I can't be here anymore. I feel invisible, as if I don't count
I'm so sorry. Being dismissed or ignored is such a shitty feeling. I filed a complaint against the doctor who did my dad's kidney surgery years ago because my dad developed 2 life-threatening complications that the doctor basically ignored (even when I told him to look for them specifically.) The hospital sided with the doctor, not surprisingly, but even our case wasn't as blatant as yours. I just don't even know what to say. It's hard as hell to afford health care in this country, and then you get shitty care like that. I know it doesn't change things, but you certainly count to us SSers. ((Hugs))