worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
i know she's terminally ill but but FUCK HER! What she said at the end was inexcusable.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MiserableBastard1995 and 8 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I have no problem with someone deciding to die of natural causes if they wish to do so. But to say we shouldn't have the right to chose a different course is just criminal. What is it with religious people and suffering?

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MiserableBastard1995 and 8 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
"We give suicidal people the help to deal with their circumstances." At least she still has a sense of humor.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MiserableBastard1995 and 11 others
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
Her viewpoint is completely self centered . Not really concerned about the suffering or desires of others.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MiserableBastard1995 and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Her viewpoint is completely self centered . Not really concerned about the suffering or desires of others.
I totally agree. A lot of narcissism seems to come with religiosity.

I have no problem with terminally ill people deciding to tough it out based on their own personal beliefs. They cross the line when they try to control us with their own faith.

M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I totally agree. A lot of narcissism seems to come with religiosity.

I have no problem with terminally ill people deciding to tough it out based on their own personal beliefs. They cross the line when they try to control us with their own faith.

You don't get to decide when you die based on your standards!, I decide for you based on my standards! And no I don't have to meet any level or reasoning or proof my feelings are enough. -Society as a whole what a great time we live in

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MiserableBastard1995 and 6 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ugh I can't stand people who (even if they are terminally ill) do this! It isn't helping our cause at all and it just makes our objectives more difficult. I think that most terminally ill patients and people are still pro-life or at least have that sort of bias.

I have no problem with someone deciding to die of natural causes if they wish to do so. But to say we shouldn't have the right to chose a different course is just criminal. What is it with religious people and suffering?

Exactly, I mean if they (religious and pro-lifers) want to tough it out till the end, that's their choice and their business, but they have NO right to impose that on others who don't share their beliefs or values. In regards to why religious people want to suffer to the end, I think it boils down to two things, one to show their devotion to said religion as well as their religion's rules; and/or also some sense of pride or meaning to their suffering whether it is self-assigned or not.

You don't get to decide when you die based on your standards!, I decide for you based on my standards! And no I don't have to meet any level or reasoning or proof my feelings are enough. -Society as a whole what a great time we live in

This is what I really hate about society. Not only is it really double-standard and hypocritical (since they only apply this to death and suicide, but not other issues), it's really selfish of them too.

T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Bible doesn't even forbid suicide. Not sure why these overly religious people always state a lie.

**EDIT which the Bible doesn't approve of lying

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, naia_, Даун and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Bible doesn't even forbid suicide. Not sure why these overly religious people always state a lie.
Or abortion ether. Oh there's passages in the Bible about "god sanctioned" forced abortions that killed mothers.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Rose and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018

**EDIT which the Bible doesn't approve of lying

Exactly, and iirc, there are a few passages and stories of legends who did commit suicide, even indirectly. Judas Iscariot is one of them, and also the story of Samson doing so to kill his enemies, and there are a few more. The ironic part is pastors and churches just don't talk about them or if they do (rarely) they will whitewash, cherrypick, and deconstruct it into lies and shit.

Or abortion ether. Oh there's passages in the Bible about "god sanctioned" forced abortions that killed mothers.

And modern day Christians (I'm an atheist myself) conveniently misinterpret or ignore it if it comes down to it.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Rose and 1 other person
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Suffering itself is a vital part of any religion.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Suffering itself is a vital part of any religion.
Absolutly. People use religion to justify suffering. It's "to test our faith" or because of "original sin". Ugh.

Reactions: About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Help_Me