Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I'll start with good ol' Chaplin.

Reactions: Circles
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018

I think he can be condescending and minimizing other people's problems at times, but overall Louis gave a great motivational speech.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Oh good I thought you were asking for one from me

• Love
Reactions: Cevapcici
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Here is mine:

While he is only saying to keep it for dire circumstances (terminally ill, hopeless, aging, etc.), I believe I am more than ready to CTB within this year (or even 2021 - assuming that I live that age). I feel inspired by him due to his idea of self-checking out and self-deliverance. I just loosely applied it to my situation.

Reactions: Cevapcici
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
Here is mine:

While he is only saying to keep it for dire circumstances (terminally ill, hopeless, aging, etc.), I believe I am more than ready to CTB within this year (or even 2021 - assuming that I live that age). I feel inspired by him due to his idea of self-checking out and self-deliverance. I just loosely applied it to my situation.

I think you've applied it to your situation because you're "thinking your feelings "- you've rationalised your suicidal impulses ... Because its just a guy who lives in a third world country without universal healthcare giving a speech on how suicide might be a nice way out of a terminal illness - when it becomes too costly...

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
I think you've applied it to your situation because you're "thinking your feelings "- you've rationalised your suicidal impulses ... Because its just a guy who lives in a third world country without universal healthcare giving a speech on how suicide might be a nice way out of a terminal illness - when it becomes too costly...
I don't think the guy in the video lives in a 3rd world country, he lives in the US (somewhere in the midwest/northern part of the US).

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, that's exactly what I said :D
Ah yes, I see now, the US is in decline so while we might not be a '3rd world' country by UN and worldly definitions, it sure feels like it in many parts of the country now.

It's kinda feeling more and more like one every day.
Yes, I see the metaphor now.

LonelyHopelessDude

LonelyHopelessDude

Student
Dec 17, 2019
I know I will be highly criticize for that but this video motivates me the most.