O

overtakee

someonebutnoone
Jun 11, 2023
As the title says, feel free to recommend some songs or artists that you enjoy listening to. I don't mind which genre, Iit can be rock, hiphop or anything else you like.I enjoy pretty much everything, especially depressing songs lately.
I seek comfort in music, I'm a huge maladaptive daydreamer (which has somewhat become a problem) so I always try to find new stuff to listen to.

Last edited:
Reactions: CentreMid, raccoonjk and Rocinante
sunsetboat234

sunsetboat234

Over it all
Jun 13, 2023
Sipper and Beach House (artists)

Reactions: psp3000, overtakee and Rocinante
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
Love this song. As a weeb I love japanese music. This is from my favorite band "Pay Money to my Pain". The best parts of this song are...

"In the end
I'm the one with no name
No one knows about me
You can trust me, I'm ok
I just wanna be alone
I don't feel anymore, I might forget my name
Can you tell me who I am?"

and

"Everyday I lie
For protection from enemies
But I realized
I am the enemy"

both are self explanatory. And speak so much to me. Regretably the singer CTB. So no more bangers like this. But with lyrics like that. He was clearly one of u

Reactions: overtakee, sunsetboat234 and Rocinante
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Rush
King Crimson
Steely Dan
Genesis
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Mahavishnu Orchestra

Last edited:
Reactions: HeyJoe, voc_89, overtakee and 1 other person
sunsetboat234

sunsetboat234

Over it all
Jun 13, 2023
NOVO AMOR, Between Friends and Flume are favs as well

Reactions: overtakee and Rocinante
axxxu

axxxu

Apr 8, 2023
John maus, have a nice life, Slowdrive, planning for burial.

I also like "secret lovers at the heavens gate ranch" by "I hate myself"

Reactions: stainedtips, Eternal Bliss and overtakee
Shirokuma

Shirokuma

Feb 11, 2023
Miki Nakatani is really great. She worked with Ryuichi Sakamoto to create some mixture either of soothing, catchy ,dream-like and haunting music.

Reactions: voc_89 and overtakee
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Stereolab
Cibo Matto
Bjork
Piero Picconi
Astrud Gilberto
Kemistry & Storm
Cortex

Reactions: Sweet Tart and overtakee
BoyInTheBox

BoyInTheBox

INFP 4w5
Jun 6, 2023
As the title says, feel free to recommend some songs or artists that you enjoy listening to. I don't mind which genre, Iit can be rock, hiphop or anything else you like.I enjoy pretty much everything, especially depressing songs lately.
I seek comfort in music, I'm a huge maladaptive daydreamer (which has somewhat become a problem) so I always try to find new stuff to listen to.
Definitely Jonghyun. His music is such comfort to me. I love his art but I have lots of respect for him as well

Reactions: overtakee
Eternal Bliss

Eternal Bliss

May 17, 2023
Have a dose of sad songs

Reactions: FungusButler and overtakee
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Waiting for a heart beat by horror woods ending and return to the living by blitzkid, both songs are about want to resurrect the dead or be resurrected to feel love again

angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
If your into depressive stuff you might enjoy "happy days" for example their song "dont go"

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
1935 Herbie Kay - Rhythm Steps (Shirley Lloyd & Three Kays, vocal)

Although this isn't the very last song I would hear on this planet, this one is too good to pass up. Totally forgotten now and maybe even then, but you can't stop listening. It's just so mind-boggingly wild and funny that no one would take it seriously. Love the vocal trio, especially the very last words sung, "Simple as the day is long!"

Is there any nation that would be willing to choose this as its national anthem?

Mechanical Dance

Mechanical Dance

"I'm a monstrosity. An abomination."
May 28, 2023
TUYU is a great japanese rock band I enjoy listening to, a very comforting song by them is Loneliness and the Future/Hitoribocchi to Mirai

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023

Original 78rpm courtesy of the Rick Colom Collection. Per Rust-Johnson-Shirley, this was the final track to be recorded at the last commercial session credited to Aaronson's Commanders. He would later serve as a musical supervisor at MGM.

Digital restoration by Bob Moke from 78rpm: (UK) Columbia FB-1088, original U.S. issue on Columbia 3037-D - 'Way Back Home (Lewis-Waring) by Irving Aaronson and his Commanders, vocal by Skippy Carlstrom, recorded in NYC April 18, 1935
ME WITHOUT YOU : JOE MORRISON - Internet Archive

From Paramount Film "One Hour Late"; Vocal; With Orchestral Accompaniment.

Last edited:
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Passenger - all their songs are great

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023

This track came from the first of four mid-30s Columbia sessions by Pendarvis, featuring the band's reed man Scope on vocal. The Gus Kahn-Walter Donaldson tune was sung by Art Jarrett in the score of the 1934 comedy-crime film "The Gay Bride," starring Carole Lombard and Chester Morris.
This era of musical recording doesn't seem to be very well-remembered anymore.

stainedtips

stainedtips

Not today, maybe tomorrow
May 10, 2023
I like a lot of different genres, currently I'd say my top 3 are metal/rock, shoegaze, and R&B/rap. My favorite artists are Deftones, Radiohead, Panchiko, Christian Kuria, RINI, and Ye. Also love generally any shoegaze band, I'm not picky

sylviaplatthh

sylviaplatthh

May 15, 2023
Lana Del Rey, Fiona Apple, Alexandra Savior (: