bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
(The obvious question): What if drowning causes you to regain consciousness and then you suddenly go from dying painlessly to consciously drowning???

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
(The obvious question): What if drowning causes you to regain consciousness and then you suddenly go from dying painlessly to consciously drowning???
So what you're asking is - if I'm getting this right - what if dying causes you to come back to life, and then you worry about dying from a being alive point of view?

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
So what you're asking is - if I'm getting this right - what if dying causes you to come back to life, and then you worry about dying from a being alive point of view?
Cute. Drowning is a process that takes a few minutes, right? If you black out, then start experiencing this violence, couldn't that experience jolt you back into consciousness? It's just hard for me to imagine not being woken up by drowning. But maybe it's like how the inert gas method doesn't wake you up while you're suffocating.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Shallow water blackout - you blackout under the water, you breath in the water while unconcious, you are dead.

The end, there is no coming back to life in between, since you are under water and there is no oxygen.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and overcomingfear
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Ok. I guess I was just confused because the inert gas method deprives the lungs of oxygen but that method still takes like 15 minutes to kill you.

How is it that water filling your lungs kills you instantly but an inert gas takes a long time? Like what's the science there

Last edited:
O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
I might be wrong but it has to do with low CO2 levels, it won't rise when u submerge unconscious and start inhaling water. Can't regain senses

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Ok. I guess I was just confused because the inert gas method deprives the lungs of oxygen but that method still takes like 15 minutes to kill you.
Well the inert gas method had various claims.

In the Michael Portillo video where he's looking for the perfect humane way to kill people, the science bod, Dr Raj or whoever says you take in some deep breaths and you're out in 15 to 30 seconds, and dead in a minute or so.

I guess it comes down to volume of gas, but I think it's possible to be gone in a couple of minutes or so with this method.

Reactions: bov
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I can see the 'method in your madness' as they say. basically your thinking you pass out, then all the water going into your body etc will wake you up! I don't know the reason but as the other member mentioned,i'm sure their is a science to it!

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
If you regain consciousness then you can just lift your head out of the water, why would you drown consciously?

I also wanna know if you will unconsciously thrash around after blacking out, like with the survival instinct thing. so if your face down in the water and you thrash around then you might turn your head up in the process. might need to tie a weight to the neck to prevent this

Reactions: Fthis