Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
Having sex is what most people use to numb every negative feeling leading straight to depression and eventually suicide. Sex numbs your mind and strengthens your mental capacity to a degree that for most people is unfathomable. Realize this and take the advice to your heart. I apologize for anyone not being able to have it but in the end it's what most people use to cope.

Reactions: Stavrogin
Stavrogin

Stavrogin

If God not be, then this world dies with me
Jul 1, 2020
As I always say: it's not money that makes the world go round, but the male orgasm.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and GoodPersonEffed
FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
Having sex is what most people use to numb every negative feeling leading straight to depression and eventually suicide. Sex numbs your mind and strengthens your mental capacity to a degree that for most people is unfathomable. Realize this and take the advice to your heart. I apologize for anyone not being able to have it but in the end it's what most people use to cope.
How do you know this?

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Were you numbing your mind while writing this post?

• Love
Reactions: Brink, Disco Biscuit, Sensei and 8 others
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
How do you know this?
Search YouTube for Dr Carnes talking about sex addiction.

Its very logical and it's the reality.
When you come to the realization that sex is the number one solution to nearly every spoken problem here on the board and that your feelings of perceived loneliness and feelings of being an outcast all stems from the act of having a lot ( a lot ) of sexual interaction, and then you do it yourself to the extreme you will ultimately understand the whole statement. It's pretty crazy but I'm very certain about this. Do what you want with the information, I'm just giving an advice that for many comes as a surprise.

Were you numbing your mind while writing this post?
I haven't had sex for years, sadly. I've been foolish enough to make a lot of wrong decisions and in the end I've been overindulged in my own feelings and inner world, which is one the most stupid thing anyone can do.
Although it's a situation I've created myself upon entering depression for a long time and as a natural chain of events, it has led my brain to make dumb decisions and made it impossible for me to reach it.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If that's the answer then why are you here?

Reactions: Sensei, Worthless_nobody, Brackenshire and 2 others
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
If that's the answer then why are you here?
I'm here because I've already decided to die by my own hands and I firmly believe, for me personally, it's the right decision.
I've aged beyond the point of my desired development and I know that it's irreversible for me to get the life I want. It's all my stupid decisions and it's destroyed all my possible chances of living a life that I perceive to be worth living.

I think life is too hard and ultimately isn't worth the trouble and I'm not impressed. That's my personal opinion and I don't want anyone to copy my thinking, just answering your question.

I just thought I could make some people realize something that easily flies under the radar for a lot of people since we're clouded in our thinking when we're feeling depressed. It's all chemical balance and mindset. Mark my words, you can change how you feel just by trying every day to rewire your brain into thinking different.

Humans are much about habits. Once we stick to a belief for a longer period of time , the brain and body works together and changes the biology so that we feel shit.
It's basically your body and mind signaling SOS in order for you to make drastic changes of your life.
There are a lot of other things to consider like traumatizing childhood, which I exclude because it's making this much more complicated and whatnot which can make the process very difficult (near impossible perhaps).
I know it's easier said than done and this is known knowledge for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Search YouTube for Dr Carnes talking about sex addiction.

Its very logical and it's the reality.
When you come to the realization that sex is the number one solution to nearly every spoken problem here on the board and that your feelings of perceived loneliness and feelings of being an outcast all stems from the act of having a lot ( a lot ) of sexual interaction, and then you do it yourself to the extreme you will ultimately understand the whole statement. It's pretty crazy but I'm very certain about this. Do what you want with the information, I'm just giving an advice that for many comes as a surprise.
Are you advising people to have sex to try and fix their problems? I would disagree with sex being the solution to every problem here. Not everyone here wants to ctb because of loneliness and sex isn't necessarily a solution for that either. When it comes to loneliness, it's more to do with lack of companionship and having someone to talk to etc.

Reactions: Brink, Sensei, Worthless_nobody and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
using sex to numb your mind is akin to drugs and alcohol. It's all well and good as a bandaid, but it will become an addictive crutch if used that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Sensei and Lost in a Dream
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Sorry OP, but you talk in circles. This all feels like clickbait and a...mindfuck.

Ciao.

Reactions: SunnyPotato, Sensei, XYZ and 2 others
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
Sorry OP, but you talk in circles. This all feels like clickbait and a...mindfuck.

Ciao.
If you read it and believe I talk in circles , don't you have anything else to say other than that? If I or anyone should take you seriously I recommend you think more about what you want to convey other than trying to make me look like a fool , because frankly I don't care at all what you think of me.
I don't believe in ignorant replies or attempts to stupify others. Stay true to your nick and tell me what you really think.

With all respect, what is in it for me if this was meant to be a clickbait? Attention? I don't understand your view at all.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I told you exactly what I think.

I'm fine if you don't take me seriously.

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Having sex is what most people use to numb every negative feeling leading straight to depression and eventually suicide. (...) but in the end it's what most people use to cope.

Ok, you're new here and maybe I should give you a break. But there are just so many things wrong with your post, and you presume to give us "advice", so I feel compelled to reply to your nonsense, before I block you.

Saying that most people numb their negative feelings with sex is:

1. a sweeping generalisation that lacks validity
2. a reductionist way to view and explain sex and emotions based on whatever issues you have with your own sexuality

You might as well have written: Pink bubbles go ape to the market o'clock. This sentence would have made a lot more sense than your post.

• Love
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69, kqlysrsly, Soul and 4 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I have to disagree. For one thing there are asexuals who are not interested in sex and there are people who are naturally repulsed by it. Another thing this will NOT solve anyone's problem if they have been raped. If it's sex with a long term partner then great but advocating for casual sex is terrible because it can cause people more heartache, hurt and depression from rejection and from unsafe sex and unwanted pregnancy. Another thing lots of people here aren't physically well and suffer from chronic pain so sex isn't something enjoyable. Sex has never helped, cured, or lessened my depression, numbed me out or made me feel better...i can understand someone making argument drugs might but sex ?? Sex is no solution...
To me this seems like a non genuine attention grabbing post.

Reactions: SunnyPotato, Apathy's Girl, Starseedchip and 4 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I think life is too hard and ultimately isn't worth the trouble and I'm not impressed

It's all chemical balance and mindset. Mark my words, you can change how you feel just by trying every day to rewire your brain into thinking different.
You do seem to be giving advice as a panacea to everyone's troubles, yet you yourself appear not to listen to your own advice. There just seem to be inconsistencies or double standards in what you say.

H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
I told you exactly what I think.

I'm fine if you don't take me seriously.
Maybe that's your final answer but I'm pretty sure that's not really your answer from heart.
I can be wrong, sure.

You do seem to be giving advice as a panacea to everyone's troubles, yet you yourself appear not to listen to your own advice. There just seem to be inconsistencies or double standards in what you say.
I believe most if not all humans are hypocrites in one shape or form. Myself included.

In my opinion I believe you focus too much on me as the messenger rather than the message I'm conveying.
Again, there is nothing in it for me writing this. The focus shouldn't be on me.

I have to disagree. For one thing there are asexuals who are not interested in sex and there are people who are naturally repulsed by it. Another thing this will NOT solve anyone's problem if they have been raped. If it's sex with a long term partner then great but advocating for casual sex is terrible because it can cause people more heartache, hurt and depression from rejection and from unsafe sex and unwanted pregnancy. Another thing lots of people here aren't physically well and suffer from chronic pain so sex isn't something enjoyable. Sex has never helped, cured, or lessened my depression, numbed me out or made me feel better...i can understand someone making argument drugs might but sex ?? Sex is no solution...
To me this seems like a non genuine attention grabbing post.

I feel like I need to repeat myself too much here but I don't buy the attention argument.
This is an anonymous forum with absolutely no gain in anything produced.
I feel like it's a sort of defense mechanism for people to front this type of argument for something they don't believe in or are too afraid to realize is true.
Anyway, I want to make it clear that I respect if you disagree and I have nothing against that. Each to his own.

If you read my post I mentioned there are several factors I'm unable to include into this statement, one of which you mention, rape.
But I believe you can still change even if you experienced this. In the end I haven't experienced it myself so I can't really comment about that, all I know is you can, with the right circumstances and the right person, change that horrific event and make sex something of your own.

Last edited:
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
Well, at least with me it doesn't work that way.

I have an extremely hot and wonderful girlfriend who I love more than aything in this world. But since I started to have suicidal thoughts I don't want to have sex with her anymore. We used to do it frequently, but now I don't give a sh*t about it.

Reactions: Disappointered
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
This post made me wanna kill myself more than I've ever desired.

• Hugs
Reactions: ocd is bad, Sensei and esse_est_percipi
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
Well, at least with me it doesn't work that way.

I have an extremely hot and wonderful girlfriend who I love more than aything in this world. But since I started to have suicidal thoughts I don't want to have sex with her anymore. We used to do it frequently, but now I don't give a sh*t about it.

There are exceptions and there will always be in every solution.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sincerely.

This post made me wanna kill myself more than I've ever desired.
Is this the first time you've come across this argument? I'm sad if this made you feel this way, it's not my intention to make your depression worsen. I'm trying to put light on pathways that can help someone if they still think they can lead a life they desire.

Sometimes when we realize hard truths or get new perspectives it can be shocking at first. Believe me I know what it feels like.
Life is what it is. Harsh.
Often times, these deeply impacting shocking realizations pass quickly though.

Last edited:
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Shitposting is against the rules.

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, XYZ, Sensei and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Maybe that's your final answer but I'm pretty sure that's not really your answer from heart.
I can be wrong, sure.

It's definitely the answer from my heart. Your exhortations read like clickbait, which is always a mindfuck. There is nothing linear in what I read, just going in circles, leading to nowhere clear or defined. There are logos, ethos, and pathos to consider, and I'm not finding logos, just advising to look up someone who ostensibly makes or supports your claims, nor ethos, just appeal to pathos. When I said "I'm sorry," it's because I was addressing the pathos, which can feel wounded. The logos wouldn't care. The ethos is unclear because you yourself do not walk this talk and haven't laid out clearly how it is an ethos.

I believe most if not all humans are hypocrites in one shape or form. Myself included.

In my opinion I believe you focus too much on me as the messenger rather than the message I'm conveying.
Again, there is nothing in it for me writing this. The focus shouldn't be on me.

As I alluded to above, I admit that for myself, some of my focus is on you as the messenger. If someone advises something but does not do it themselves to provide an example of how it's applicable, then why follow? A text reflects not only the words but the one who speaks them, they are inseparable. If there is nothing in it for you at all, why make the exhortation at all? Wouldn't there at least be something in it for you if it felt good to you to offer solutions to others' problems, and therfore motivate making the suggestion? I don't believe there is such a thing as pure altruism, it has to have a motivation that feels positive for the actor, such as following an ethic or soothing one's own feelings when seeing another in distress by offering a solution or a salve to that distress. If you haven't had sex in years, calling yourself hornyaboutdeath is also confusing, which relates to the clickbait-mindfuck feel of the OP and subsequent comments. My heart as well as my intellect get defensive about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brink, esse_est_percipi and Lupgevif
Nutmeg

Nutmeg

Maybe I ate all the marshmallows, maybe I didn't.
Aug 16, 2020
I followed your advice and orgasmed three times today. Bad news, each session lasted five minutes, the day is still so godamn long and here I am depressed again.
Ooopsiee, Bad advice.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Disappointered, Worthless_nobody and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I feel like I need to repeat myself too much here but I don't buy the attention argument.
This is an anonymous forum with absolutely no gain in anything produced.
I feel like it's a sort of defense mechanism for people to front this type of argument for something they don't believe in or are too afraid to realize is true.
Anyway, I want to make it clear that I respect if you disagree and I have nothing against that. Each to his own.

If you read my post I mentioned there are several factors I'm unable to include into this statement, one of which you mention, rape.
But I believe you can still change even if you experienced this. In the end I haven't experienced it myself so I can't really comment about that, all I know is you can, with the right circumstances and the right person, change that horrific event and make sex something of your own.
I have been on this forum a long time, trolls come and go. I like to look out for the greater good of the forum and a lot of people are clearly skeptical about the intentions of your post. It's a defense for this forum. Not trying to be accusatory but it was just my impression..just like we are all free to express opinions here. And it's not that I'm afraid to believe it's true I don't believe it's true and never will.

And about the subject of rape .. You say haven't experienced rape so no you can't "just change it"... Everyone is different. Lots of people can't get over things and trauma and that's why they are here on this forum.

But I don't feel like having an internet argument..we disagree let's just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Sensei
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
sex is the number one solution to nearly every spoken problem here on the board
Ok I'll focus on.the message.
How is sex a solution to anything when it is actually a problem in itself?
It's an ephemeral act tied to neverending unfulfilled desire.
It can never really be satiated.

You may as well say that eating everything you desire all the time is the solution to depression.

Buddhism says that desire is the root of suffering, so how can making the focus of your life an attept to fulfill an intrinsically unfulfillable desire be a solution to.life's problems? This just doesn't hold water.

Reactions: Sensei
H

Hornyaboutdeath

Aug 23, 2020
It's definitely the answer from my heart. Your exhortations read like clickbait, which is always a mindfuck. There is nothing linear in what I read, just going in circles, leading to nowhere clear or defined. There are logos, ethos, and pathos to consider, and I'm not finding logos, just advising to look up someone who ostensibly makes or supports your claims, nor ethos, just appeal to pathos. When I said "I'm sorry," it's because I was addressing the pathos, which can feel wounded. The logos wouldn't care. The ethos is unclear because you yourself do not walk this talk and haven't laid out clearly how it is an ethos.

As I alluded to above, I admit that for myself, some of my focus is on you as the messenger. If someone advises something but does not do it themselves to provide an example of how it's applicable, then why follow? A text reflects not only the words but the one who speaks them, they are inseparable. If there is nothing in it for you at all, why make the exhortation at all? Wouldn't there at least be something in it for you if it felt good to you to offer solutions to others' problems, and therfore motivate making the suggestion? I don't believe there is such a thing as pure altruism, it has to have a motivation that feels positive for the actor, such as following an ethic or soothing one's own feelings when seeing another in distress by offering a solution or a salve to that distress. If you haven't had sex in years, calling yourself hornyaboutdeath is also confusing, which relates to the clickbait-mindfuck feel of the OP and subsequent comments. My heart as well as my intellect get defensive about that.

I completely understand if my nickname can be interpreted that way but with my fullest respect, that's your perspective and my reasoning behind the nickname stems from my crazy mind and it's just a nickname I picked for no specific reason other than that I feel a deep longing and morbid fascination over death. It's nothing about being horny at all, ironically. Words can mean different things in different contexts.

Last edited:
M

mapletree

Student
Aug 22, 2020
I do not think sex will fix what we're talking about here. Actually sex alone is pretty good at creating a bunch of extra problems for people. Not sure I follow.

Reactions: SunnyPotato
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I think sex is a temporary escape just like alcohol, drugs or hazard. It basically gives you a few minutes of relief. I might be wrong though - it's not like I've ever had sex with anyone :_)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Status
Not open for further replies.