Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Sounds like a crap way to go...

Reactions: peacefulhorizons and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Please see the Rules and FAQ. Shit posting is not allowed.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Sewer gases contain methane, which can be poisonous: https://healthfully.com/what-are-the-dangers-of-methane-gas-4857140.html
Do you think this is worth researching? Might seem like a gross, unpleasant way to die, but, you know. It's all subjective. Plus, the more reliable methods we have, the better

I would imagine there is not much reliability of this as a method. Levels of methane would probably vary in different locations in the sewer system, and at different times. So the odds of finding a fatal concentration would be random. Plus if you come across a high but non-fatal concentration, you may well be stricken and experience extended periods of suffering but not ultimately die, or take a massively long time to die.

Reactions: Brink and 2nd Zed
2nd Zed

2nd Zed

Feb 2, 2020
"Sewer gas poisoning" might sound funny, but there were real cases of people dying this way, so. I thought it's at least worth discussing
I would imagine there is not much reliability of this as a method. Levels of methane would probably vary in different locations in the sewer system, and at different times. So the odds of finding a fatal concentration would be random. Plus if you come across a high but non-fatal concentration, you may well be stricken and experience extended periods of suffering but not ultimately die, or take a massively long time to die.
I guess you're right about that...

Reactions: autumnal
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Your lack of infographics disappoints me :notsure:. But I got your back! Granted you this one is for mining, but we're still mining for shit here.

DangerousGases Infographic v1 1 1
Giphy 66

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Homecoming, TAW122, peacefulhorizons and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Your lack of infographics disappoints me :notsure:. But I got your back! Granted you this one is for mining, but we're still mining for shit here.

View attachment 41822
View attachment 41823
Based on this infographic here, I'd go for CO as it is odorless and still very lethal to ensure death and it's been one of the most common gases used in CTB'ing via other means (car exhaust - before later model vehicles have better filtrations and different systems to make it less lethal, charcoal method, and/or other ways of producing CO gas). I suppose methane could work, but generally I'd still go for CO if I had to choose.