cutiepatootiew/rizz

cutiepatootiew/rizz

Sep 3, 2024
I've decided on my date, it gives me just enough time to learn Japanese and get all the tattoos/piercings I need.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, AbusedInnocent, divinemistress36 and 6 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Good luck with Japanese. I'm about todler level in korean after a year and a half lol.

Reactions: divinemistress36, CatLvr and cutiepatootiew/rizz
Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Experienced
Aug 23, 2024
It's always nice to set a date, but I'm sure it will change at least one time. I had so many...I wonder when it's really over

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AbusedInnocent, cutiepatootiew/rizz and CatLvr
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I've heard Japanese is a very difficult language to learn. Not only do you have to learn like 3 different writing styles, but there's no alphabet or something similar. You gotta memorize thousands of unique characters and what their combinations mean. Though, it is easier than chinese since there's no tones. 3 years is definitely doable if you want to get to a basic speaking level, nothing spectacular though.

I am saying this as someone who spent over a year and a half learning Russian, which has its own major challenges as a language (FUCKING GRAMMAR CASES, NOUN DECLENSION, GENDERED WORDS, FUCK! lol). But I was about toddler level speaking-wise, just like the other user with Korean. I kinda gave up after realizing just how much work and money I'd have to put into learning it, all just to read and write comments online and play with my Russian buddy. I'm not saying this to burst your bubble or bring you down, so don't take it that way please. I just want to temper your expectations.

ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
がんばって!(Good luck) I'm also learning Japanese. Tattoos and piercings are the therapy insurance doesn't want to pay for !

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
I've heard Japanese is a very difficult language to learn. Not only do you have to learn like 3 different writing styles, but there's no alphabet or something similar. You gotta memorize thousands of unique characters and what their combinations mean. Though, it is easier than chinese since there's no tones. 3 years is definitely doable if you want to get to a basic speaking level, nothing spectacular though.

I am saying this as someone who spent over a year and a half learning Russian, which has its own major challenges as a language (FUCKING GRAMMAR CASES, NOUN DECLENSION, GENDERED WORDS, FUCK! lol). But I was about toddler level speaking-wise, just like the other user with Korean. I kinda gave up after realizing just how much work and money I'd have to put into learning it, all just to read and write comments online and play with my Russian buddy. I'm not saying this to burst your bubble or bring you down, so don't take it that way please. I just want to temper your expectations.
Japanese has syllabaries, much easier than any alphabet. Kanji is not strictly necessary to write and read Japanese. And Japanese grammar is incredibly easy. However, the spoken language is very fast and can be hard to develop an ear for.

• Informative
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
Japanese has syllabaries, much easier than any alphabet. Kanji is not strictly necessary to write and read Japanese. And Japanese grammar is incredibly easy. However, the spoken language is very fast and can be hard to develop an ear for.
100% Correct! Now that there are resources out there, I'm trying to learn japanese.. and even though I've been watching anime for a long time.. you'd think i would have some knack or listening advantage... but even then sometimes I'm like ... what did they say!

so yes, is fast !