Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
I told my ex, family and friends that I want to commit suicide. they say I am selfish. and that I will ruin their lives. Am I really selfish? I cant live with the sadness I feel. I dont want to live and I cant live. Am I being selfish if I commit suicide? Idk how to explain people that i am so sorry but i cant live..

• Hugs
Reactions: silentcicada, hibikikyuxx, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's selfish from your family/friends to not accept your personal suffering. Why should you suffer for them? Their pain is most likely temporary yours might last for decades.

Any personal reason is valid when the resulted suffering is so unbearable that suicide is an option.

May I ask you why you don't want to / can't live?

• Love
Reactions: Nlis2244, hibikikyuxx, Lost cherry and 4 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
If you are that makes you equal since they are also selfish for wanting you to live against your wishes.

I don't like how most just have the same reaction to everything instead of trying to listen to someone at least. But tbf they will never understand unless they go through same. You can't expect them to.

• Love
Reactions: hibikikyuxx, Lost cherry, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
That's the worst approach to take with anyone trying to open up about being suicidal. You are not selfish, you are hurting. Somewhere within you and your life circumstances lies the roots of why you feel like this. These people should be trying to understand and dig for those roots, not guilt you for having emotions.
Please do not blame yourself, your family and friends may care about you but they clearly have no idea how to negotiate with someone contemplating suicide. Too many people have negative understanding about human mental health.

• Love
Reactions: hibikikyuxx, Lost cherry, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
I can't think of anything more selfish than them demanding that someone suffers for decades just so they don't feel sad that they're gone. I feel like if most people could swap places with us for one week, they'd be okay with letting us go. They can't comprehend a lived experience that's so painful you'd rather die.

• Love
Reactions: hibikikyuxx, Lost cherry, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
It's selfish of them to want you to live when you are obviously in a huge amount of emotional turmoil and existential suffering.
Why do they fail to understand this ?
Or maybe it's because they don't want to understand. Or are frightened of confronting the issue that life is not meant for some of us.
The pain we feel is far greater than they can possibly imagine.
Either way, they need to realise that we have the right to terminate our existence when our quality of life becomes unbearable.

• Love
Reactions: hibikikyuxx, Lost cherry, Division Day and 1 other person
Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
It is my own fault that my life has changed and that I have lost my ex. but I suffer every day. My health is not good. I cant sleep. I can not eat. I feel like Im a bad person and I dont want to live like that. I cant believe that people wont give you forgiveness and another chance to show that you understand your mistake and want to correct it. and that everything would be fine. if I have done a bad thing and I regret it, I am sorry and sad. Dont I deserve one chance to show that I would never do anything wrong again? and then when I say that I want to kill myself because I didnt get a chance to correct my mistake, then they tell me that I'm selfish. that I have to accept the consequences and live with them. They say Im weak. coward. so what if i'm weak? Is this something bad? I think its not. My life looks like hell now..

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†

๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I'll explain it based on different situation.

Let's say you have a dog. The dog is very sick, it's in a lot of pain. You have 2 options: put it down and relieve its pain or keep it alive and continue its suffering for your own selfish reasons of not wanting to let go.

I understand the pain when you have to let go of someone you care about. But if they truly love you and understand you and your reasons - they will get over it as they will understand that your suffering is over.

• Love
Reactions: Lost cherry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so insensitive to me when people label one as "selfish" for wanting to be free from an existence they were forced to endure in the first place. The selfish ones are those who want to make existence into a prison where one must suffer until they die anyway despite the fact that nobody is obligated to continue existing here.

• Love
Reactions: floralheaddress and Lost cherry
Lost cherry

Lost cherry

Student
Oct 21, 2023
I agree with u. That kind of people dont understand how you truly feel inside your heart. And they dont care about you, only care to dont be sad when you deside to ctb. But not because of you, just because of them.

Reactions: floralheaddress