Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
Note: I'm in no way suggesting that broken and even disabled people should carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. I'm talking about people in general.

I hate that I'm too selfish, but also too tired, crushed, and depressed to live a truly selfless life. Not everyone, of course, but most of us are simply too selfish to give up our personal desires for the greater good, which is why the vast majority of the population are not activists of any kind. We tend to find activism too inconvenient, too sacrificial, to get involved, so we'd rather watch the Super Bowl instead.

Worse still, many people don't even want to admit it, and instead come up with rationalisations and excuses for their selfish behaviour. A prime example is people who have children, but never recognise that the only reason they do so is because they can't help but follow their conditioning, the cultural customs they were brought up in, and ultimately their selfish desires. As for the latter, if it's really that hard to resist the urge, you might as well adopt as a substitute.

But I won't go any further because I'm very tired at the moment and I don't have the time I'm always very tired and I never have the time. So to sum up, if you can avoid being selfish, avoid being selfish, and if you can't, at least admit that you are selfish rather than trying to justify it and find ways around it.

• Hugs
Reactions: SpiritualDeath, Forever Sleep and tiger b