do you take care of yourself so you dont look like a complete wreck?

• self care

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • meh dont care

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • some things

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
on the one hand, i dont feel like taking care of myself. i dont have the energy or the motivation. im dying anyway so it doesnt really matter
on the other hand, i have really thick long hair that gets knotted while im brushing it. i dont want to look completely horrible. if it was something i could say im doing in the next 48hrs, probably wouldnt care, but idk if i am.

are you continuing selfcare? why/why not?

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I just shave my head and beard once a fortnight even though I don't want to, but I have to because it becomes itchy and uncomfortable.
I shower and brush my teeth most days, even though I don't really want to. Yet I have an ocd germ phobia so it drives me crazy if I'm not clean.
I wear the same clothes for weeks on end though and look like a tramp , but I've gone beyond caring about what others think of me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death and tourniquetbunny
tourniquetbunny

tourniquetbunny

Bnuy girl
Nov 13, 2023
I find that brushing my hair and changing my clothes makes me feel a little better, but sometimes I don't want to feel better.
If I was a neet I'd probably be doing it once a week if that, but I have somewhat of an appearance to keep up, so the monotony of brushing my hair and showering and changing clothes must go on for now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death and WAITING TO DIE
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Basic hygiene- yes because I feel worse if I don't do it and I think it can lead to painful things like infections and tooth decay if you don't. My environment is disgusting though and I pretty much always look a mess.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Life_and_Death and WAITING TO DIE
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
Define self-care?

I keep up with the bare minimum of basic health and hygiene: showering and brushing my teeth, and (mostly) taking my medications regularly. Sometimes when I have a burst of energy, I do a little extra such as applying facial toner, conditioning my hair, and shave, but most of the time I barely have the mental energy to do those things.

Outside of those two things, I honestly don't know what constitutes self-care.

Based on what I see in the thread, it involves cleaning your living space? I don't do that, really. My room is just filled with dust, crumbs, hair, and anything else that fell on the floor. I do laundry regularly though since I loathe the smell of dirty clothes.

Reactions: myusername890 and WAITING TO DIE