H

heyhoherewego

Sep 13, 2024
I was thinking about this before my attempt today , and after i failed and my SI wouldnt let me do it, ive started considering it. Id like to know if anyone else has thought about doing something like this, or if you think it would actually work or not.
Its hard to go through with suicide (esp a violent method like hanging). you have to come to terms with the fact that you are compressing your blood vessels and crushing your windpipe so your brain can die. Its not a fun thing to do, and if you arent truly desperate, taking that step feels almost impossible. So i was thinking about a form of self sabotage, a sort of anti-insurance if you will. if you do something that will either disgrace you permanently, or end with you behind bars, or just ruin your life completely, would that compel you to take the step? Would i step off my table if i thought an even worse end awaits me if i dont. im not sure. i think its also possible that SI wins in even that situation, and now you have just made your life considerably worse.
im not talking about stuff like deleting your files, or purging your documents, or leaving your job. I mean something you could truly never come back from.

U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
Bad idea, on multiple grounds:

1) it might not work

2) it might hurt other people (it's not easy to get sent to prison without hurting people)

3) if you survive, then your life will be worse

What I have considered doing is giving away some of my money to people who aren't in my will via bank transfer. You can schedule emails, but the bank I would use doesn't have a "schedule payment" option.

Reactions: heyhoherewego