willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
i'm having a really hard time with keeping myself out of a hole right now. i've been doing VERY well for the past couple of month. lately i've even been eating well and working out, i've got plans lined up to go back to school, and i'm working on moving on to a better job. i have lots going for me. but the past week my depression has been trying to creep back in as it always does. i truly don't want to relapse right now but god is my mind trying to get me to. i have horrible urges to self harm, fall back into my eating disorder, and just in general let myself slip back into severe depression. i need help because i don't want this right now. i have too much going for myself right now to stop caring and let it all go

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: redisblue, Endex, Deo volente and 4 others
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
in this situation i think it might be best to look into some sort of councilling/therapy, even if its just casually chatting with some AI about your feelings, it might not sound like itd do much but really having something there that you can talk to about your problems without fearing being admitted or making them uncomfortable will help a lot, speaking from my own experience !!!

youre doing amazing, and its times like this that are the hardest to fight off how we feel, but i believe wholeheartedly that you can do it !!! i suggest taking away anything you could use to harm yourself so that, even if the urge is strong, you wont be at risk, and maybe consider 'grazing' throughout the day !! instead of having 3 full meals (which can feel really overwhelming if you struggle with disordered eating), try just smaller meals throughout the day, even snacks!!! anything so long as you are eating, breakfast bars are the best for this since theyre mostly made with health in mind. goodluck and congrats!! even if you relapse, it doesnt negate everything you've achieved already, youve picked yourself up before and you can do it again!!!

Reactions: redisblue, Spiked_Coffee and Ultracheese
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The temptation to fall back into bad patterns can be strong. You might be able to discover some tactics to use from others such as those who quit smoking or drinking. Sometimes at a particular point, substituting one activity for a harmful old one could be helpful. Something physical like going for a walk, taking a shower, of exercise might be enough of an interruption to get past a critical point.