reticen

reticen

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Cutting seems to be mainstream way of self-injury but I've never been able to work up the nerve to draw blood. Instead when my stress hits boiling point I attempt to bash my skull in. Luckily I was born with small knuckles so I haven't been able to do much damage other than give myself bumps and bruises.
Does anyone else engage in this? If so have you ever inflicted serious damage?

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Sometimes. I usually just slap myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: VivaldiBR, carrie and reticen
fireworkthepony

fireworkthepony

Fat Ugly Bastard but otherwise decently okay
Nov 8, 2020
Yeah, I like punching myself or banging my head on walls more then cutting. bruises seem to affect me more then cuts, even when I go horrendously deep.

we all have our certain thing haha!

Reactions: fox21132113, Midnight-rain and reticen
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
I used to punch my face, hard. I truly believe that it caused me jaw damage, since my jaw(both sides) clicks now. It happened shortly after I had raged badly. I highly recommend another self harming strategy, if any at all. Even punching your legs hurts like hell. But your face is risky, because it can be easily damaged, permanently. There are more variables if you punch your head.

I started cutting narrowly on my stomach. At least it doesn't permanently damage anything, other than scarring. Hell, it sounds weird, but using a rubber band and stretching it, then letting it slap your wrist hurts like hell! I'm not recommending self harm at all, but this method is at least better than punching or banging your head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnight-rain and reticen
RedRed

RedRed

Oct 24, 2020
Oh I do this as well! I either slap myself real hard or hit my head...

Reactions: reticen
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
yeah unfortunately i've developed the habit of punching myself, i have pretty frequent migraines everyday because of it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, reticen and Disappointered
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
My usual go to method is cutting, though I've taken up hitting myself with a hammer recently. I think I do more damage with it than with sharps since my legs get covered in severe bruising. I still have one from two moths ago that lingers around in this pale blue hue on my thigh.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, reticen, Reach and 2 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I punch myself in the arms and legs sometimes during my meltdowns and emotional flashbacks. I also burn myself with lighters as well, but I've been trying to stop doing this because it leaves tiny marks on my skin afterwards.

• Hugs
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
When I was younger, I had undiagnosed autistic meltdowns and I would usually bash my head against whatever I could or hit myself when I was overstimulated. Sometimes when I have meltdowns now I smack myself but I haven't willingly bashed my head against things for years.

• Hugs
VivaldiBR

VivaldiBR

Experienced
Oct 4, 2020
I slapped myself several times in 3 different outbreaks in september. Since then I didn't do it again. So I think I made some progress. But I still idealize CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and reticen
M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
I don't do it often, but yes sometimes I just gotta punch myself to calm down. Might sound fucked up but I really like when I end up bruised. But nothing that doesn't heal in two or three days. Prefer cutting though by a long shot.

• Hugs
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I've only really cut and slapped myself when I get frustrated or overwhelmed with something. Cutting is my main form of self harm, but slapping and the sting it leaves behind felt refreshing and brought me back down to earth pretty quickly.

• Hugs
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Oh I've done this plenty of times. I've punched myself in the head a lot over the years, gone even further and bashed my head into my drywall so hard I dented it. Think I've given myself a disorder that causes ringing in the ears since I'll get that every now and then. Sigh... I wish I wasn't like this.

• Hugs
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Oh I've done this plenty of times. I've punched myself in the head a lot over the years, gone even further and bashed my head into my drywall so hard I dented it. Think I've given myself a disorder that causes ringing in the ears since I'll get that every now and then. Sigh... I wish I wasn't like this.

I've done this too hoping I get a subdural hematoma, but man you really gotta bang your head super hard in the right place. I get ringing in the ears now and slight amnesia.

• Hugs
Reactions: these_days9, reticen and fox21132113
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I've done this too hoping I get a subdural hematoma, but man you really gotta bang your head super hard in the right place. I get ringing in the ears now and slight amnesia.
I've suffered multiple head injuries growing up (not related to my self harming) I figure my mind is already so far gone, what more do I have to lose smashing my head in some more? Not like there's anything left in there.

HelloHell

HelloHell

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
Ah yes people who understand
I do bang my head or just punch it real good
Got some headache a couple of days after the banging usually, but since im still alive now i guess it's nothing serious

Reactions: LastFlowers and reticen
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Yes, I've broke doors, plastic car panels and a few walls with head. This doesn't mention the things that haven't broken, like windows. Basically anything close by will work.

• Hugs
Reactions: reticen and LastFlowers
beetlejuiceahh

beetlejuiceahh

babyface
Nov 7, 2020
I have started cutting recently because I love the feeling of the sharp sting but since childhood, my go to self harm method was hurting myself physically and leaving bruises. I would normally hit myself with something as opposed to my own hands because like you, I too have little hands, but a heavy tool like a hammer, or anything that wouldn't break or let anybody know I was hitting myself with would work. I never caused anything more than really nasty bruises and bumps below the collar bones, never my head. I am not saying to self harm, but I really don't recommend head bashing as opposed to anywhere on the rest of the body. The brain is the strongest muscle only mentally, physically hurting it can cause a lot more issues. Be safe out there lovely!

• Hugs
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Yes unfortunately, it's almost like a cornered animal attacking itself. I know logically it does us no favors but we can hardly help it when we are under so much pressure or stress.
One time I was cornered (literally and verbally) in a psych ward office and I walked backwards in distress and disbelief at the type of things that were being thrown at me, only to smash my head backwards into the cement wall several times. Granted, I didn't know it was cement at the time..I wasn't thinking, I was just doing, trying to escape the situation and the madness of what they were setting before me..the lies, the bullshit, the threats, my complete lack of power. They really bring you to the brink of insanity there, if the patient doesn't fit the crazy bill, rest assured they will get them there in no time.
I've had other occasions of similar disturbances and self-attacks but that was the only time I bashed my head against a wall. Other than that I've mostly inadvertently ripped at the remainder of my hair and scratched myself in my sleep as if to physically free myself from my own skin. I do feel so trapped.
Yes, I've broke doors, plastic car panels and a few walls with head. This doesn't mention the things that haven't broken, like windows. Basically anything close by will work.
My own destructiveness is getting less and less rare, I think it's because I am nearing the end...more sadness, more anger, until I can finally die and be done with it. Also I lack any type of real support system and when that fact shows its face, that is when I especially lose it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: beetlejuiceahh and reticen
EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
I started punching myself at an early age (an age where I wouldn't really understand why I'm hurting myself) but as I grew older it stayed with me. With any self harm be careful it develops fast and grows in different ways. It went from punching to slapping, choking ,and stabbing. Mine recently grew really bad when I was doing it compulsively and accidentally stabbed myself around my friends in the thigh pretty deep because my gut emotional reaction to stress was to hurt myself. I'm not saying I was scared of hurting myself I don't care if I'm hurt I didn't feel any pain but adrenaline and the self harm coping could be numbing me. The fact I accidentally did it in front of my friends worrying and scaring them was extremely embarrassing. If you do harm yourself don't let it normalize to where you accidentally do it in public it tends to freak people out. If you ever feel the need to hit yourself in public get a rubber band or like one of those stretchy wristbands and snap it on your wrist, the small amount of pain should ease your stress while you are in public also every time I do it nobody bats an eye you make get a question here or there but I always just say "I'm anxious" or "I'm bored".

• Hugs