X

xyazyppgy

Aug 21, 2023
Been hearing good things about Ketamine treatments and it seems lucrative.

However, I do not have insurance that covers IV Ketamine treatment (classic USA). Has anyone ever considered or has practically accomplished giving themselves IV Ketamine treatments?

I'm aware sourcing the Ketamine would be an issue, i'd work on crossing that bridge if doing this myself is even feasible or has been done before.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts, methods, and experiences. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: LSDXMT
LSDXMT

LSDXMT

Aug 17, 2023
I have personally never used ketamine because I don't have access, but I have tried using freebase DXM (as found in robocough robotabs), since it's much easier to source compared with ketamine, and it acts as an NMDA antagonist like ketamine but also has additional effects such as serotonin reuptake inhibition, which makes it quite nauseating at higher doses compared with ketamine. It comes with a noticeable afterglow which might be a class effect of NMDA antagonists such as ketamine and DXM. Also interesting, a fixed dose combination of DXM and bupropion (goes by brand name Auvelity) was approved for treatment of depression in 2022 I think, although there is less NMDA antagonism with that combo since bupropion inhibits conversion of DXM to DXO, which is the metabolite of DXM that binds NMDA with high affinity. Sorry I couldn't provide any info on IV ketamine though, since i've never taken it but I know IVing any substance by yourself can be risky and takes some effort if you are not familiar already, although taking certain precautions can certainly reduce these risks substantially.

X

xyazyppgy

Aug 21, 2023
I have personally never used ketamine because I don't have access, but I have tried using freebase DXM (as found in robocough robotabs), since it's much easier to source compared with ketamine, and it acts as an NMDA antagonist like ketamine but also has additional effects such as serotonin reuptake inhibition, which makes it quite nauseating at higher doses compared with ketamine. It comes with a noticeable afterglow which might be a class effect of NMDA antagonists such as ketamine and DXM. Also interesting, a fixed dose combination of DXM and bupropion (goes by brand name Auvelity) was approved for treatment of depression in 2022 I think, although there is less NMDA antagonism with that combo since bupropion inhibits conversion of DXM to DXO, which is the metabolite of DXM that binds NMDA with high affinity. Sorry I couldn't provide any info on IV ketamine though, since i've never taken it but I know IVing any substance by yourself can be risky and takes some effort if you are not familiar already, although taking certain precautions can certainly reduce these risks substantially.
Thanks for this advice! I'm not totally set on IV treatment itself either but I didn't know there was ketamine in other available forms than IV… until just now. Thank you

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Intramuscular would be easier and safer to do at home compared to IV. It's difficult but possible to source vials and I have only ever had powder/crystal k or compounded pharma doses. Besides having yet to source a vial, the main reason I haven't tried IM ket at home is that I am afraid of putting a needle in myself.

My preferred ROA is boofing so I just have a prescription for suppositories