MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
What I do to keep self isolation managable . When it gets too much I contact a friend and then get back to this list .

- Movies
- Videogames
- Social media
- Online forums
- Sleep
- Adult content
- Alcohol
- Work
Feel free to add more .

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
sorry.. i'm unable to help.. nothing that gave me pleasure, movies, alcohol, studying, grass, none.. its just a temporary breath

I realized isolation is when not even the "self" is around you anymore

• Aww..
Reactions: Need Peace, anhedonicNfoggy, Sagew0789 and 2 others
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
sorry.. i'm unable to help.. nothing that gave me pleasure, movies, alcohol, studying, grass, none.. its just a temporary breath

I realized isolation is when not even the "self" is around you anymore
The Self is always there, it just feels that it's not there.

Reactions: Need Peace and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
ogerpon

ogerpon

^_^
Sep 23, 2023
TV Shows (falls under movies, but they're longer so take up more of your time), music, YouTube + Twitch/other Livestream type services (good for background noise and sometimes talking in the chats can be nice). Sometimes making something (especially with your hands) whether it be baking/cooking, art of some kind, etc. can make you feel more grounded. The key to all of this IMO is multitasking and flooding your brain with as much input as you can tolerate.

• Informative
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, MeltingBrain and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
lotta podcasts and crap on youtube and audiobooks. walks and stuff to

Reactions: MeltingBrain
A

Anoniempje

Mar 30, 2023
Whenever I isolate myself from others I like to watch movies or sports mainly. Sometimes I smoke a little bit of weed to make all anxiety go away and then I put on a nice film

Reactions: MeltingBrain
Talles

Talles

Mar 3, 2023
Reading. I can spend all day in bed surrounded by books.
I generally go on a subject binge too when I have days off. I will pick anything I have a certain interest in and then watch videos on youtube, scour the web for bits of information, blog posts and books about it. Sometimes I even write essays about what I learnt.
And as much as I love more cerebral tasks, working with my hands is something I miss since I had to move. I was working on a small garden in my backyard and learning a bit of carpentry. Now I live in an apartment and the space is a bit cramped, so I have been learning how to cook more elaborate meals to get my hands busy.
I sometimes drive around town too. The beach is also a common destination. I go early in the morning or late in the evening, so the place is usually deserted. There is always such a soothing feeling I get when watching the sea. As if all my pain could be suddenly swept away. I could stay there lying on the roof of my car watching the waves come and go for hours.
My energy levels fluctuate a lot so most days I don't really leave my flat.

• Love
Reactions: finalrequiem, Hotsackage, anhedonicNfoggy and 1 other person