BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I know this is a really weird question. I adopted a cat last week, I love him to bits but I really need to cut myself and don't know if he'll give a shit if I just start bleeding all over the place. Would he be assed? I sat next to him crying the other day and he didn't do much.

He does like me but idk how capable cats are of detecting negative feelings.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I've cut in front of my cat and he doesn't react at all. I believe he has no clue what's really going on. I'm sure he detects my emotions, at least somewhat, but I guess not enough to be bothered by it.

Reactions: Skathon
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
Well I've never cut in front of any animal or anything but my cat does come over if I'm sad or crying or something

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
My cat doesn't care. Lol. She's my baby but she doesn't care if I'm crying either.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 20852

My dog couldn't care less.

• Hugs
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
My dog couldnt care less what I was doing but i would feel horribly guilty for doing it with dog around the house.

• Hugs
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Oof. I generally try not to resurrect old threads but this one speaks so strongly to something I've been thinking about. I don't worry about how my cat would literally react if I cut around her, but it just feels so wrong in a way I can't explain. If she's in my room and I want to sh, I can't bring myself to move her just so I can cut, and I can't bring myself to cut around her even if she's asleep or not interfering or whatever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, CreatifUsrnam and whatevs
D

DeepSlumber

Mar 26, 2022
My dog couldnt care less what I was doing but i would feel horribly guilty for doing it with dog around the house.
I absolutely am against inflicting this sort of torture--(psychological/affective torture)--on any animal. Exclamation point. The animal friend identifies with you and cares and it will inflict tremendous distress on them. Please people. That is beyond horrible.